Told we need to change

Cementups

Box Monkey
We were told we may need to start changing out of our browns before going home for the day. Seems some drivers are going about their daily life after work while still in their browns. Someone took a picture of one of our other center's drivers coaching on the 3rd base line of his son's baseball game while still in his browns. I guess people aren't allowed to know that UPS drivers are people too. It's one thing to be sitting at a bar getting sloppy drunk, but to be out coaching your kid's game....ridiculous.

sosocal

couldn't agree more...and I'm a center manager. Coaching a game, goint to the store, meeting the family for dinner, dropping by a school open house - I have seem my drivers at all the events and more in browns and haven't even thought twice about it...Coaching a kids game???? I thought we were proud of our participation in communities and youth development - If wearing browns - all the better.....With that being said - yeah the bar would be a no go -- or a flag burning -- or a satanic sacrifice of some sort---but other than that if there is a practical reason you may be in browns --LIKE WORKING LATE and going to a commitment after work - what's the BFD?...I am proud to have my drivers in the communittee representing the brand.

partykid

couldn't agree more...and I'm a center manager. Coaching a game, goint to the store, meeting the family for dinner, dropping by a school open house - I have seem my drivers at all the events and more in browns and haven't even thought twice about it...Coaching a kids game???? I thought we were proud of our participation in communities and youth development - If wearing browns - all the better.....With that being said - yeah the bar would be a no go -- or a flag burning -- or a satanic sacrifice of some sort---but other than that if there is a practical reason you may be in browns --LIKE WORKING LATE and going to a commitment after work - what's the BFD?...I am proud to have my drivers in the communittee representing the brand.
Can you come to my center???:happy-very::happy-very:

Coldworld

60 months and counting

wow, a center manager that really cares about his/her drivers...that is becoming a rarity, especially in the last six months.(because everybody knows that the dipping ecomony is the fault of the hourly at ups)

DS

Fenderbender
I always take my ups costume off for satanic sacrifices,I prefer the speedo and a tinfoil hat.Terrorists are leaning to fedex uniforms because,well,they all look like pilots with the little tassley things on the shoulders and the picture ID card that makes you look important.

slantnosechevy

Well said. This one has a pulse.

satellitedriver

Wow,
An old school center manager.
You have given me a glimmer of hope for UPS.
Just don't let corporate know who you are on Brown Cafe.

leastbest

LeastBest
When I started we weren't allowed to wear our uniforms home. We had to change. I was told the reason we were finally allowed was to save money. We would wash them ourselves if we took them home.

NI1

If I need to go straight home I wont change, its not needed.

If I need to go to the gym, store or my son's games I change my top. I dont need to be in brown after I clock out. No need to show of my brown so someone can say "there goes easy money"

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I like wearing my stuff home, I do not feel like spending another minute in the building, and having crap to carry in the house.
Besides the uniform gets me out of speeding tickets. And of course my charm helps:wink2:

S

speeddemon

It seems to me UPS sits around in Atlanta for the sole purpose of coming up with things that are so damn stupid. Come on you guys in the glass palace, lets start thinking about what we say before we say it.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Hell,I wore mine to the hospital when my daughter was born.Fell asleep watching Sox game in chair then wife woke me up.We gotah go now,Dr. laugheed and wanted to know if I wanted to ''Do This Delivery"" hell no :anxious:I''ll stick to the pkgs I said!!!:happy2:

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
This is so bogus. Years ago they tried that at out building and we squashed it because there aren't enough lockers for all of the employees.

bigblu 2 you

It seems to me UPS sits around in Atlanta for the sole purpose of coming up with things that are so damn stupid. Come on you guys in the glass palace, lets start thinking about what we say before we say it.
you hit the nail on the head,these guys need a reality check,..or maybe a month in a p1000 with 120 stops,45 pick ups,350+pieces on a 95 degree humid day.then come in to a number crunching center manager who says you didnt run scratch,and asks you to pick up your pace stop customer contact etc,etc.