Told we need to change

Work right slow and safe

well I would just have to say take your time run the clock and they will change that real fast. If they make you change at work or get ready then they will have to pay us for it ( well they should have to )

A

anonymous6

couldn't agree more...and I'm a center manager. Coaching a game, goint to the store, meeting the family for dinner, dropping by a school open house - I have seem my drivers at all the events and more in browns and haven't even thought twice about it...Coaching a kids game???? I thought we were proud of our participation in communities and youth development - If wearing browns - all the better.....With that being said - yeah the bar would be a no go -- or a flag burning -- or a satanic sacrifice of some sort---but other than that if there is a practical reason you may be in browns --LIKE WORKING LATE and going to a commitment after work - what's the BFD?...I am proud to have my drivers in the communittee representing the brand.

It's a good way to talk up business too.

P

pickup

this is time that could be used for me to book to the parking lot. They should pay for this time!

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Just wear a shirt and hat to and from work. Change in the center manager's office if you don't have a locker. Shouldn't be a problem. :wink2:

JonFrum

In our local we are allowed to wear our shirt out but not the pants....interesting?
They make you come and go in your underwear? Scandalous!!! :happy-very:

By the way, any group that has an established history of being allowed to wear their uniform to and from work can file a Past Practice grievance if the Company changes the policy.

The Maintainance of Standards clause of the Contract may apply also.

UPSERNOJ

UPS drivers like everyone else wants to make their kids events and sometimes do not have time to change. I do not see what the problem is with keeping their uniform on if they have someplace to go after work and have no time to change.

Everyone has places that they need to get to at a certain time and run errands after work.

There is a phrase that I would use to comment on this, but do not want to get in trouble from the BC Police...LOL :surprised:

jennie

We were told we may need to start changing out of our browns before going home for the day. Seems some drivers are going about their daily life after work while still in their browns. Someone took a picture of one of our other center's drivers coaching on the 3rd base line of his son's baseball game while still in his browns. I guess people aren't allowed to know that UPS drivers are people too. It's one thing to be sitting at a bar getting sloppy drunk, but to be out coaching your kid's game....ridiculous.

I would think that you guys would want to change outta them before going out anyway? I see drivers come in dressed and then change into browns before work, so do you change when you leave?

wannabeups

I went to my Sunday School Class Christmas party in my browns. Was running low on time.

In hindsight probably shouldn't have went. The others were had the smell of soap. I had the smell of funk.

Flavor of the month. Don't worry; it won't last. In our center, our lockers were broken into repeatedly. Not just once, repeatedly. Mine was broken into 3 times. I simply refuse to use the lockers anymore. UPS refuses to secure the locker area(anyone can walk in there; employees, the public, etc.). When they do something about security, maybe I'll think about it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
In our local we are allowed to wear our shirt out but not the pants....interesting?

this is what we were told during qualifying but no one ever enforced it and as long as I have been a faithful UPS employee drivers always come and go in their browns.

Flavor of the month. Don't worry; it won't last. In our center, our lockers were broken into repeatedly. Not just once, repeatedly. Mine was broken into 3 times. I simply refuse to use the lockers anymore. UPS refuses to secure the locker area(anyone can walk in there; employees, the public, etc.). When they do something about security, maybe I'll think about it.

Forgive my stupidity if I'm missing something here....aren't you supposed to use a lock on a locker. If that is the case how are they getting broken into?

happyboy

I always thought it would be great fun the wear my uniform over to the local girlie bar where the dancers dont have much on. maybe i could get a few free dances.. Oh even better yet wear it on bourben street during Mardi Gras.... god knows what i could get there.