Told we need to change

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
ARTICLE 5. SANITARY CONDITIONS......The Employer agrees to provide lockers for those employees who are required to change into a uniform or take a lunch period. All other employees will be provided a suitable area for keeping personal items and clothes. Assigned lockers will not be opened by the Employer unless either the employee or a Union representative is present.

The flip side to this agreement is that if the company cannot or will not provide the employee with a locker, it can not require that employee to change in and out of uniform at work.

We used to be required to change before and after work (shirts OK, but had to change out of uniform pants). Then when shorts became an optional uniform item the employees who bought them argued that, since they had paid for the shorts, they were personal property and could be worn wherever and whenever desired. The rule became unenforceable. We also ran out of available lockers, and the company dropped the issue once and for all.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Flavor of the month. Don't worry; it won't last. In our center, our lockers were broken into repeatedly. Not just once, repeatedly. Mine was broken into 3 times. I simply refuse to use the lockers anymore. UPS refuses to secure the locker area(anyone can walk in there; employees, the public, etc.). When they do something about security, maybe I'll think about it.

Bring in your own lock.

nobber

I agree with many of the posts, get a locker and have them clean your pants, the reason most of the country changed to allow drivers to wear them into work was to save money for cleaning the pants. They were hoping most would do that at home.
Just about all the supervisors in my district wear browns into work. I am in management also, just a few more months to go till I retire

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Been to many a funeral homes in browns. If I had taken the time to change and clean up, I wouldnt make it in time to pay condolences.
Lets see go in browns or not at all..............

Cementups

Box Monkey
back a few months ago oneof our driver's, a good friend of mine, passed away. Other driver's asked me the day of the viewing if I was going to wear a suit. I told him, "Not a chance." We all knew him as brothers and we will pay our respects as brothers.

partykid

back a few months ago oneof our driver's, a good friend of mine, passed away. Other driver's asked me the day of the viewing if I was going to wear a suit. I told him, "Not a chance." We all knew him as brothers and we will pay our respects as brothers.
When my mom passed away, about 4 years ago... I was at my mothers viewing, All of a sudden I see all these Brown uniforms..... MAKES me cry to the day, UPS showing some love, Is what i told my wife!!!! IN MY HEART FOREVER..... UPPER Suits PLEASE NEVER STOP THIS!!! :sad-very: