Tom Daschle? Same ol' same ol'

over9five

Staff member
Another crook nominated! Where is the "change"? Why doesn't Obama withdraw his nomination? I'm not sure who has the bigger integrity problem, Daschle or Obama.

The amount this guy cheated on his taxes is more than most Americans make in 3 years. And he would have gotten away with it if not for this. All his cronies in Washington will let it slide, I'm sure.

Where's the media? They were all over "Joe the Plumbers" finances. Why aren't they digging into this crook Daschles finances?

Chicago politics have come to Washington. Thanks, Obama.

ups79

Another crook nominated! Where is the "change"? Why doesn't Obama withdraw his nomination? I'm not sure who has the bigger integrity problem, Daschle or Obama.

The amount this guy cheated on his taxes is more than most Americans make in 3 years. And he would have gotten away with it if not for this. All his cronies in Washington will let it slide, I'm sure.

Where's the media? They were all over "Joe the Plumbers" finances. Why aren't they digging into this crook Daschles finances?

And we are to trust Obama's ideas to get the economy rolling again. Just announced on cnbc, "the white house with regrets accepts Daschles withdraw of name to be nominated".
Why, I ask "with regrets"?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Good. Although, I too wonder why there are any regrets. With the new regimes talk, O should have withdrawn the nomination himself.

Sammie

And we are to trust Obama's ideas to get the economy rolling again. Just announced on cnbc, "the white house with regrets accepts Daschles withdraw of name to be nominated".
Why, I ask "with regrets"?

Daschle was favorably high profile during the campaign and his connections would have shoved O's health & welfare plans through Congress.

And about this Tim Geithner, our new Secretary of the Treasury, the one to decide how $350 billion of existing Wall Street $ will be spent, and who will beg Congress and the public for more down the road. This is the same Tim Geithner who failed to pay $50,000 in taxes on consulting income over the course of many years, whose housekeeper's green card expired, who tried to deduct as "child care costs" his kids trips to camp, and who blamed these errors on Turbo Tax, until the Washington Post busted him with the fact that Turbo Tax doesn't prepare returns for the kind of jobs he's held.

Whenever O. beams back down to earth from heaven, he and his supporters had best watch their mouths about George W. and his crummy decisions...

moreluck

golden ticket member
fc70eae3eb5f2300

--- On Tue, 2/3/09, Although I did not vote for our new president, I must say he is somewhat
amazing. In less than three weeks in office, he has already collected over
$150,000.00 In back taxes!

ups79

fc70eae3eb5f2300

--- On Tue, 2/3/09, Although I did not vote for our new president, I must say he is somewhat
amazing. In less than three weeks in office, he has already collected over
$150,000.00 In back taxes!

Thats a good observation. When your state senators are also caught, could you serve. What person steps in after the lieutenant governor and governor are both caught in irrelarities.

Channahon

What a great examples by our politicians. If anyone of us, filed tax returns like they do, we would lose our houses, cars, have assests frozen by the IRS.

Not these clowns, they simply file an amended return, apologize and pay the taxes owed with interest, as they should, to clear their mistakes. How can anyone trust Geinther to manage the Treasury department? He even looked arrogant when being interviewed about his "mistakes" Kind of fun to watch him squirm, and then he finally admitted to his "mistake".

You have to assume all politicians are thieves and liars, unless otherwise proven. They all have skeletons in their closets.

Ok, maybe that was a bit harsh, but to the average hardworking, taxpayer, it sure does look like the rules and laws are not applicable to politicians.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ohio took me to court for 300bucks in school taxes. By the time it was done it was 500. Fines and penalties. I claimed I made a mistake which I did, and they didn't care, ignorance is no excuse......................It seems those who want us to pay find ways not to pay, and only anty up when nominated.

pissedoffmanager

Obama has already shown his lack of experience in these nominations, and his controller must have been asleep at the wheel with these nominations. Obama's plan is such a joke it is not even funny, and frankly, why should I pay more taxes to give a stimulus check to those to lazy to work? His plan calls for stimulus checks to those who don't even pay taxes, what sense does that even make? I am far from right wing, I can't stand Palin, and have enough of a brain to have voted for the only real choice for president, Bob Barr, but yet Obama is going to prove he will be another Carter, only for two terms this time around.

chev

Nightcrawler
It's incredible how these dems continue to get a pass on these so called mistakes. Al Capone went to prison for this very offence. Of course we all know it was the only way the feds could bust him, but these crooks should get the same penalty.

over9five

Staff member
What upsets me the most is that Obama promised that his administration would be made up of the highest quality most ethical people.
It has been exactly the opposite.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It's incredible how these dems continue to get a pass on these so called mistakes. Al Capone went to prison for this very offence. Of course we all know it was the only way the feds could bust him, but these crooks should get the same penalty.

Al capone was not sent to prison for this same offense. Geez what a dumb statement.:angry-very2:

Tom D. had prepared tax returns for many years. Some income was not reported by the preparer, in committee, the returns were amended and TOM D. took out his checkbook and paid any and all taxes due.

Case closed.

Capone just didnt report any income.

THere is a difference, except in the minds of the controlled.

chev

Nightcrawler
Al capone was not sent to prison for this same offense. Geez what a dumb statement.:angry-very2:

Tom D. had prepared tax returns for many years. Some income was not reported by the preparer, in committee, the returns were amended and TOM D. took out his checkbook and paid any and all taxes due. Long after they were due.

Case closed.

Capone just didn't report any income.

There is a difference, except in the minds of the controlled.
In 1931, after years of criminal activity, Capone was indicted on twenty-three counts of income tax evasion. Judge James H. Wilkerson found him guilty on five of the twenty-three counts and sentenced him to 10 years in federal prison and fines in the amount of $50,000.
Tax evasion is tax evasion. When you do not properly report it, it is still TAX EVASION. :censored2:bag Daschel would have never filed his amended tax return had it not been his current situation. Seems funny he knew about his tax problem in June but just happened to file right before his nomination. Wow, what an upstanding guy. I seriously doubt he would have paid that tax at all were it not for the nomination.
You know damn well if it were you or me that CHEATED on our taxes to the tune of $146,000, we would have our assets frozen, our homes taken, and tossed in jail. Tommy boy's own words in 1998. "“Make no mistake, tax cheaters cheat us all, and the IRS should enforce our laws to the letter. ” Sen. Tom Daschle, Congressional Record, May 7, 1998, p. S4507."
Oh, maybe "all" does not apply to people in high political positions.

So nice try with the "dumb statement" Tosser.:knockedout:
Who's mind is really controlled here? You still staring at that golden Obama watch, swinging back and forth, as he tell you that you are getting veeeery sleeepy? :hypnosis:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Geez what a dumb statement.:angry-very2:

Tom D. had prepared tax returns for many years. Some income was not reported by the preparer, in committee, the returns were amended and TOM D. took out his checkbook and paid any and all taxes due.

Case closed.
TOS would you care to pay for a car & driver for me, I promise never to tell anyone.

over9five

Staff member
......the returns were amended and TOM D. took out his checkbook and paid any and all taxes due.

TOS, you're not naive. Just tell us you know the ONLY reason he paid this is because his hand got caught in the cookie jar. You do know this, right?

If a Republican had been elected, Daschle would not have been nominated for anything, and he would have gotten away with this. I'm glad this experience has cost him a little (to him) money, and a lot of respect. But it has cost Mr Obama a lot of respect too.

Even if Daschle is pure as the driven snow, the perception of impropriety IS impropriety. Obama promised us an ethical administration, let's hold him to it.