Too easy for UPS drivers to steal!

emulc

Can a UPS driver please answer this question for me?? I found a video online that says UPS drivers can change the package count number and add more packages to your signature even after you sign. If this is true, then there is no way to dispute it because they have your signature saying that you signed for and received it! IS THIS LEGAL!?! -----NO! It is not! The ESIGN act of June 2000 says that electronic signatures should be accurate and accessible, however they offer me no receipt at the time of delivery to prove I only signed for so many. They just tell you to use tracking, but by the time the tracking is updated, they could have already changed it and then it's too late.. THIS ALREADY HAS HAPPENED 3 TIMES AT MY WORK!!!!

Re-Raise

Just answer YES or NO..... Come on.....

If you don't trust the driver count the packages before you sign for them and have him show you that he pushes the stop complete button after you sign.

It is possible for a driver to scan more packages after you sign if the stop is still active.

Don't start accusing us of being thieves, I am trusted alone in a package car with any number of valuable items, I wouldn't risk my job or reputation for your packages.

emulc

Where do you guys come up with this. When you stop complete a stop, it's stop completed. So what are you saying
??? Wait what are you saying? UPS drivers finalize their transactions as they are "walking away".. that's when they could edit it. and theres nothing stopping them from doing that. If you are a UPS DELIVERY DRIVER check it out next time you are on the road delivering. You will see it is true. They say that the package count number is there for "psychological comfort" to the recipient and is not a concrete number. It is simply there to "get the signature".

emulc

If you don't trust the driver count the packages before you sign for them and have him show you that he pushes the stop complete button after you sign.

It is possible for a driver to scan more packages after you sign if the stop is still active.

Don't start accusing us of being thieves, I am trusted alone in a package car with any number of valuable items, I wouldn't risk my job or reputation for your packages.
Should we really have to make you guys push the "stop complete" button every time you deliver a package? I never said you were all thieves. I simply stated that it is Overwhelmingly simple to apply additional parcels to a signature which is actually completely illegal and unethical to even allow the drivers to use. I should not have to trust each individual driver, i should simply have to trust their system, and I do not. And I am surprised you do, being a UPS driver.