Too many commercial stops

Non sequitur

I am wondering what my fellow upsers think is to many commercial stops? I've been going out with between 95 to 105 business stops for about 6 months now. As you can imagine no lunch, no break and running just to get done.

bumped

Every route is different. The density is different. There is no way to tell.

If its too much for you, then take your lunch and message them you will not be able to finish your business by 5:00pm.

over9five

Staff member
I am wondering what my fellow upsers think is to many commercial stops? I've been going out with between 95 to 105 business stops for about 6 months now. As you can imagine no lunch, no break and running just to get done.
This is why they give you too many stops.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had three commercial deliveries and 198 residentials today. We got the last one off at 5PM even with having to break off to meet for late air. Its been an easy Peak for me, only two hours of OT last week.

Non sequitur

I told the dispatch sup about a month ago that 90 is the absolute max so I don't kill myself. That lasted for about a couple of days. If I take my break and lunch I won't finish. When I'm on vacation my fill in take about 2 hours longer to finish.

DS

Fenderbender
That's too many.Tell your immediate supervisor that adjustments are needed.If nothing changes,take your break anytime after the 3rd hour on road and call for help and tell them you are taking lunch and will need help with 15-20 stops (every day until they fix it) or they will be missed.
In a way, you actually created the problem by not doing this from the start.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

If you cannot get done taking your full lunch and break while following all the methods, then it's too many. By the way it's your own fault you have that many. I will tell you from experience(again) The methods will set you free. Follow them and call the center to tell them you can't get done. Once you learn all the methods and follow them religously, the stress level is way down at this job. You will work more hours, but your life will be much easier.

I told the dispatch sup about a month ago that 90 is the absolute max so I don't kill myself. That lasted for about a couple of days. If I take my break and lunch I won't finish. When I'm on vacation my fill in take about 2 hours longer to finish.
You are a hero keep it up you are going to change the world.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Scratch My peak hasn't been horrible but it hasn't been THAT easy. LMAO!!! I've gotten my fair share of over time. Hell, my sup was complaining just yesterday morning about me being over-allowed by 3 hrs. Can't imagine why???????????? In an old P-1000 (YA - the one with no power steering) with 150 stops and 360 pcs. He said it was me not the truck. There are some things that just make ya go 'hmmmmmm'. :knockedout:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You aren't listening.
Take your lunch and breaks before 5pm.
Let them know that you won't be able to get it all done early and often.
When you don't get finished and find these commercial stops not in after 5pm, sheet them as missed.
Then, and only then, will anything change.
You are only perpetuating your situation by getting it done at the expense of your personal time.

B

blueterrior

today i had 2 business and 215 residential, had to go get 8 late air packages. yesterday tho, it was opposite. had 198 business in 3 different citys, and only 20 residential. had 11 misloads and ran the friend* out of gas because the genious driver thought he could make it.

Scratch My peak hasn't been horrible but it hasn't been THAT easy. LMAO!!! I've gotten my fair share of over time. Hell, my sup was complaining just yesterday morning about me being over-allowed by 3 hrs. Can't imagine why???????????? In an old P-1000 (YA - the one with no power steering) with 150 stops and 360 pcs. He said it was me not the truck. There are some things that just make ya go 'hmmmmmm'. :knockedout:
You must be working too much you don't post like you used to.

You aren't listening.
Take your lunch and breaks before 5pm.
Let them know that you won't be able to get it all done early and often.
When you don't get finished and find these commercial stops not in after 5pm, sheet them as missed.
Then, and only then, will anything change.
You are only perpetuating your situation by getting it done at the expense of your personal time.
So what your saying is he is a hero. Keep up the good work every loop needs a sucker like you.