Too many commercial stops

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I continually have too many commercial. They dont care. I take my lunch bit by bit, If I took a half hour all at once I would need a nap. bottom line is I have told them, they look at me with glazed eyes, like Im tallking Japanese. they dont fix it, got air at 1:50, I missed 5. Not my fault.
yesterday I did 188 by myself, no jumper for tooner. 95 businesses. somehow got them all off by knowing their close times, an advantage a swing driver may not have. Yes give all my gravy to the swing car, with no air at all, or pickups. . Leave me with 100 at 5pm. Keep diading me about my revised ETA. See ya at 1040, maybe. It has gotten past the point of them caring, its not on their planner. And to their credit its not their fault. But its not mine either.
Im not going to have a tier three, Im too old to be bullied. And Im also not going to wake old people, or get shot. So fix it or Pkgs could ride around awhile with fretful consignees waiting. They will get there but maybe not in time to be wrapped.
Give it up. do your best and quit trying to be the worlds best driver, It is not allowed anymore.
Cheers and Merry Christmas.

over9five

Staff member
I had 100% commercial stops yesterday and 25% more than normal! This is outrageous!
Yes I had 5 stops instead of 4! Didn't punch out till 8:30!

C'mon, y'all knew some jerk Feeder driver would chime in....!

My old route was all retail and I loved it. 85 stops at its lightest, 110 at its heaviest. 500 pcs during a light period to my record of 1300+ during retail peak between Halloween and Thanksgiving. Drove a stretch 10 with a trailer. If I could have it back like it was then without all the new package car stuff they`ve come up with I`d take it back in a heartbeat.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I am wondering what my fellow upsers think is to many commercial stops? I've been going out with between 95 to 105 business stops for about 6 months now. As you can imagine no lunch, no break and running just to get done.

I had this same problem a few years back to many biz stops not many house calls... how did I fix it? SImple I took my lunch at 130 or so, I would count up my biz stops left then send a message that I would miss 10 to 20 biz stops depending on how it was going.

This forced them to send me help, I would then trade biz stops for house stops with another driver. After months of this they finally fixed the problem I have not had this problem since then... Yes it is sad you have to go to this length to fix the problem.

But if you run your lunch blow though your breaks and make it happen you will never get it fixed.... EVER... this is what that want you to do.

They want you to care about the customer even though they do not.

upsgrunt

I had my first light day in weeks yesterday. About 85 stops, 110 (or so) miles. C/O 5pm.

I wish I could get one of those days- I've been in the 180 stop range and 200 mile range the last two weeks. Maybe next week will be my easy week; probably not.

bumped

Peak days are just like any other day for me. I do my 95 stops each day +/- a few and take my lunch and breaks like I do every other day. I leave my diad in the package car for lunch and if there's a late air meet they'll have to wait.

Raw

Raw Member
I am wondering what my fellow upsers think is to many commercial stops? I've been going out with between 95 to 105 business stops for about 6 months now. As you can imagine no lunch, no break and running just to get done.
about 20 years ago I had a route with 100 busness stops and 50 pickups, all closing at 5pm. I had to start my pickups at 2:30pm and deliver and pickup the same time until 5pm. I was always done for the day at 5pm though! :happy-very: