Too many hours

Clax777

Since this year started I've been working a average of 11-12 hours. I swing drive and always manage to have more work than the regular driver. When I happen to get done early I'm always sent to help. What can I do to help me get in early? Trust when I say that there's is no taking with the supervisor and managers and my hub. There only answer is " work as instructed" and "quit if you don't like your job".

BrownTexas

Since this year started I've been working a average of 11-12 hours. I swing drive and always manage to have more work than the regular driver. When I happen to get done early I'm always sent to help. What can I do to help me get in early? Trust when I say that there's is no taking with the supervisor and managers and my hub. There only answer is " work as instructed" and "quit if you don't like your job".
Your only way is to get on the 9.5 list. Otherwise you are basically telling them," I'm ok with working overtime."

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Slow down. Start running the routes by the methods. Air only first, then go back and start grounds. That'll add at least a half hour / 45 minutes to your own work.

JL 0513

I kind of envy you, although I wouldn't go as far as wanting 12 hrs a day. 12 hrs is a 9:45 punch-out time (in my center). They'd never let that happen. They'd send 3 drivers to help a guy who would be out that late. I'd love 10.5-11 everyday if they'd give it to me. I'm not top rate yet, and have two kids with a stay at home Mom. Do the math. My center frowns on over 10's and I can't get much more than that.

JL 0513

Slow down. Start running the routes by the methods. Air only first, then go back and start grounds. That'll add at least a half hour / 45 minutes to your own work.

Can't run straight air any more in an Orion center. Unless you're really heavy on air in which case Orion will have you run straight or almost straight air.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I kind of envy you, although I wouldn't go as far as wanting 12 hrs a day. 12 hrs is a 9:45 punch-out time (in my center). They'd never let that happen. They'd send 3 drivers to help a guy who would be out that late. I'd love 10.5-11 everyday if they'd give it to me. I'm not top rate yet, and have two kids with a stay at home Mom. Do the math. My center frowns on over 10's and I can't get much more than that.
Be the driver that goes to help, come in and find sups working preload and demand to be put on the clock, or tell your dispatcher to load you down. I can hit more than 11.5 a day every day if I wanted to, sooo many drivers to help, not enough time to do them all.

JL 0513

Be the driver that goes to help, come in and find sups working preload and demand to be put on the clock, or tell your dispatcher to load you down. I can hit more than 11.5 a day every day if I wanted to, sooo many drivers to help, not enough time to do them all.

I often offer to help and do sometimes when needed but it isn't needed too often. My center generally keeps dispatches under 10. 9 - 9.5 averages for everyone.

JL 0513

By the way OP, are you basically scratching your routes and still doing 11-12, or are you going over [or under]? The main thing is not being harassed about being over.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I often offer to help and do sometimes when needed but it isn't needed too often. My center generally keeps dispatches under 10. 9 - 9.5 averages for everyone.
I'd post our OR report for our group but it would give to much info away. Feel free to do some math.

StopTheAct

Seems like your low on senority and probly a good worker... it sux but make the money... hell with it... days u gotta do somthing, be honest with them.... also use those 8 hour requests 2wice a month....

FilingBluesFL

Bid driver got hurt on the route I'm doing. The cover that took over for him got hurt on same route...

So now I'm on the route. It's going out with 30-50 more stops than what the bid driver was doing.

I'm following ORION 100%, dropping airs. Out until almost 10pm every night, last night I was over 10.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And Orion threw me a nice $50 money shot tonight lol Cha ching!

nystripe96

If if you've made book already why are you helping other drivers if your plan is to run and get done as early as possible? Just say no, it's that simple

Bid driver got hurt on the route I'm doing. The cover that took over for him got hurt on same route...

So now I'm on the route. It's going out with 30-50 more stops than what the bid driver was doing.

I'm following ORION 100%, dropping airs. Out until almost 10pm every night, last night I was over 10.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And Orion threw me a nice $50 money shot tonight lol Cha ching!
Too much work,especially in this heat.