Too many hours

FilingBluesFL

Too much work,especially in this heat.

We've had some storm system stalled out over us, so this week it hasn't been too bad.

Today, I grab the board, and they tell me, "Oh hey, you have an early AM, and while you're doing that, start working from there..."

"Oh, well, is that what Orion wants, or what you want?"

"Orion has been turned OFF on that route..."

"Well, that's convenient, isn't it?"

I would have been done just after 7 today with the same number of stops... and then the green light comes on, and go help people and deliver misloads lol

AKCoverMan

Air drivers shuttle the DIADs if they are going between two FT drivers. Otherwise they take the DIADs and take ground off the FTers. Been doing it a day or two a week for the last month or so.
Can you not just transfer stops between boards when taking off the work? Why is that an ORION issue? (And no we don't have it in the Last Frontier and I'm sure ignorance is bliss.)

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Can you not just transfer stops between boards when taking off the work? Why is that an ORION issue? (And no we don't have it in the Last Frontier and I'm sure ignorance is bliss.)
I'm not a dispatch guy so I can't tell you exactly why.

But my understanding is the solution is made up by the dispatch computer in the morning, so that trace has to be followed exactly for the trace % to be accurate. It can't be recalculated once released to the drivers, but if you have someone run their route, and then send them a board for the route they are taking stops off of, it won't affect the trace since you aren't technically breaking on their route. They're running their route as is and since they aren't putting unscheduled deliveries in their board and doing it on another one, they aren't breaking trace. Basically gives them an out so trace isn't affected. It will affect miles though because the miles aren't hidden, they are included in the original DIAD.

AKCoverMan

I'm not a dispatch guy so I can't tell you exactly why.

But my understanding is the solution is made up by the dispatch computer in the morning, so that trace has to be followed exactly for the trace % to be accurate. It can't be recalculated once released to the drivers, but if you have someone run their route, and then send them a board for the route they are taking stops off of, it won't affect the trace since you aren't technically breaking on their route. They're running their route as is and since they aren't putting unscheduled deliveries in their board and doing it on another one, they aren't breaking trace. Basically gives them an out so trace isn't affected. It will affect miles though because the miles aren't hidden, they are included in the original DIAD.

Thanks, and I totally get that this isn't your idea, so please take no offense at this...

But what I'm getting is that there is no reason they could not transfer the stops from DIAD to DIAD in the field (clearly the more sensible and cost effective way to do it) except that they are trying to hide the fact that the ORION solution cause this driver to be on road so long he needed help. By putting it on a fresh board the center can merge the boards and it'll look like one driver did it all perfectly in trace. But over miles.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
But what I'm getting is that there is no reason they could not transfer the stops from DIAD to DIAD in the field (clearly the more sensible and cost effective way to do it) except that they are trying to hide the fact that the ORION solution cause this driver to be on road so long he needed help. By putting it on a fresh board the center can merge the boards and it'll look like one driver did it all perfectly in trace. But over miles.
Nothing is stopping them from actually transferring the EDD in the field. The ODO won't transfer over and the trace will be off. Even if you add those stops into the driver's DIAD who is taking the stops, it won't be in his ORION solution, so there is no way he could make trace on those stops even though it is in his board.

If it sounds like I'm babbling I'm sorry, long day and I'm trying to figure out the best way to explain it while making sense! Which is tough for me when I'm alert :).

By The Book

Nothing is stopping them from actually transferring the EDD in the field. The ODO won't transfer over and the trace will be off. Even if you add those stops into the driver's DIAD who is taking the stops, it won't be in his ORION solution, so there is no way he could make trace on those stops even though it is in his board.

If it sounds like I'm babbling I'm sorry, long day and I'm trying to figure out the best way to explain it while making sense! Which is tough for me when I'm alert :).
So what you are saying then is when two drivers transfer stops in the field it transfers those stops in EDD order not Orion order. The driver receiving those stops can't switch to Orion after that point is what you are saying.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

It doesn't make any sense. That's the problem.

GetTacosOrDieTrying

What's in the box!!!!!?
Since this year started I've been working a average of 11-12 hours. I swing drive and always manage to have more work than the regular driver. When I happen to get done early I'm always sent to help. What can I do to help me get in early? Trust when I say that there's is no taking with the supervisor and managers and my hub. There only answer is " work as instructed" and "quit if you don't like your job".
ill trade jobs with you. Id love to work those hours and make that money. You can have my hub job and work 4hours a day.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
So what you are saying then is when two drivers transfer stops in the field it transfers those stops in EDD order not Orion order. The driver receiving those stops can't switch to Orion after that point is what you are saying.
Correct. You can't add in stops to ORION because then the solution will completely change. DIADs don't have the ability to recalculate it.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Does anything ever make sense at brown?
nGVff.gif