too many signatures a integrity issue ???

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We are also told to get sigs for hi value items such as electronics. TV's, stereos, etc. In fact, we had to sign off on this.

Try to keep up--we are talking about delivery signatures here. We will wake you when we start talking OSHA and/or DOT mandates.

I know what you two chums were talking about, as well as what I was referring to.
I magnified it for you in case you lost your reader glasses.
If you want to have a private conversation, this may be the wrong venue.

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I know what you two chums were talking about, as well as what I was referring to.
I magnified it for you in case you lost your reader glasses.
If you want to have a private conversation, this may be the wrong venue.

WTH........................... that was way out of line. There was no and is no private conversation going on. WOW Talk about being sensitive. :knockedout:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
...IE told us there will be no time studies done untill the integrity issue of drivers getting to many signatures is corrected. ...

IE talking about "integrity" is sort of like OJ Simpson forming a support group for domestic violence victims.

SWORDFISH

STUG, Im w/ you bro. I think people dont get enough signatures(bussinesses, appartments) and Im not talking about unnecessary ones(basic, covered porch). My bosses are trying to get me to go to my appartments and hand the packages to the people instead of getting a signature. So Im supposed to wait for them to get to the door and just throw the packages and them and run off. Gotta save those 5 seconds it takes for them to sign for the package. Give me a freaking break.

I was talking about was Washington state earlier by the way.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
STUG, Im w/ you bro. I think people dont get enough signatures(bussinesses, appartments) and Im not talking about unnecessary ones(basic, covered porch). My bosses are trying to get me to go to my appartments and hand the packages to the people instead of getting a signature. So Im supposed to wait for them to get to the door and just throw the packages and them and run off. Gotta save those 5 seconds it takes for them to sign for the package. Give me a freaking break.

I was talking about was Washington state earlier by the way.
Sword, apts are an entity all to themselves. We have very few apt complexes here that we can dr to (outside of basic service) or that I would dr too. That's not to say that we don't have any at all, we do and I will dr to them. The majority of apts, though, I will not dr too because I usually am not familiar enough with the complex to feel it is a safe dr. I wait for the customer to answer and leave an info notice if no answer or go to the office if that is an option. That is the way it is supposed to be done (outside of basic service).

Adding businesses to your statement is an invalid issue. We are required to get signatures at all businesses (again, outside of basic service).

SWORDFISH

Sword, apts are an entity all to themselves. We have very few apt complexes here that we can dr to (outside of basic service) or that I would dr too. That's not to say that we don't have any at all, we do and I will dr to them. The majority of apts, though, I will not dr too because I usually am not familiar enough with the complex to feel it is a safe dr. I wait for the customer to answer and leave an info notice if no answer or go to the office if that is an option. That is the way it is supposed to be done (outside of basic service).

Adding businesses to your statement is an invalid issue. We are required to get signatures at all businesses (again, outside of basic service).

I didnt explain myself very well. I shouldnt type when I wake up in the morning. Im a bit brain dead.
When you take the packages of the customers not home to the office are you able to get another stop for that?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I didnt explain myself very well. I shouldnt type when I wake up in the morning. Im a bit brain dead.
When you take the packages of the customers not home to the office are you able to get another stop for that?

If your goal is to pad your stop count...

You make the first attempt at the consignees apt, sheet as NI, scan info notice, complete stop. You make second attempt at apt complex office and use dup res. You do not get credit for a second stop.

jimstud

Banned

You make the first attempt at the consignees apt, sheet as NI, scan info notice, complete stop. You make second attempt at apt complex office and use dup res. You do not get credit for a second stop.
it is a 2nd stop and that is not padding the stop count. if you had to go to the apt and leave a del notice and then go to the rental office that is 2 stops.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

it is a 2nd stop and that is not padding the stop count. if you had to go to the apt and leave a del notice and then go to the rental office that is 2 stops.

Then why did they add dup com and dup res to the DIAD?

So, using your method, if you had 5 NI's and then brought all 5 to the office, you would take credit for 5 more stops? 10 stops for 5 pkgs? Can you say padding stops?

jimstud

Banned
Then why did they add dup com and dup res to the DIAD?

So, using your method, if you had 5 NI's and then brought all 5 to the office, you would take credit for 5 more stops? 10 stops for 5 pkgs? Can you say padding stops?
no if you had 5 ni's and you go to the rental office that is 6 stops. they have the dup if you have 2 pkgs you sheet and del 1 and then del the 2nd right then and there.

over9five

Staff member
When I do apts, I don't hit stop complete at the apt. I pre-record the stop, leave a note, and get the NIs signed for at the office.

rod

Retired 22 years
apparently some people don't get enough UPSing in during the week--- they have to live it all weekend long too.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

apparently some people don't get enough UPSing in during the week--- they have to live it all weekend long too.

Apparently some can't enough UPSing in during their career--they have to live it during their retirement, even though they have been away from the game for too long and are no longer relevant.

Shouldn't you be waiting for the Meals on Wheels volunteer?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

If I have multiple apts, I tag them all as a 'left at' stop. I believe you still get credit for the attempts individually but only need one signature to close out the stop. Am I correct in this guys?

over9five

Staff member
Yup, I scan them. In case they're too stupid, drunk, dumb to read "left at office", they can check the info number and it will tell them "left at office".

SWORDFISH

Dave, I see why you get picked on so much here. Your very abrasive when you speak. You have good things to same sometimes but your communication skills will keep you from reaching alot of people because an abrasive personality is very annoying. Im sure you will have some more abrasive thoughts for me but, Im just trying to give some friendly advice.:peaceful: