Took out a telephone pole at hub entrance...

Rgt85

I was coming into hub with a long and had a lapse of judgement and got too close to the pole and broke the phone and scraped the side of trailer. Called my supervisor and he just told me to take pics and send to him and to keep doing what I was doing. What will happen? Kind of worried sick

jaker

trolling
Does it matter? Telephone poles belong to the telephone company, regardless of location. Google "easements".
It could be a pole on property that is a call box to the hub it which case is why the sup didn't make a big deal about it

Or it could be on the public street and the sup had him take pictures so he can tell the city and charge him with a accident

So yes it does matter

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I thought only independents at peak time took our phones out. It happens a couple of times a year. I'd look for some time off without pay to think about clearing all turns in the appropriate mirror.

I thought only independents at peak time took our phones out. It happens a couple of times a year. I'd look for some time off without pay to think about clearing all turns in the appropriate mirror.

I tell the rookies, There's only two sizes of trailers, 28' and 53'. Drive with respect to what you're pulling and you'll never hit something on the inside of your turn.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
See, where I'm from, if you get in an accident, or hit something, and you immediately call it in, it's up to management to come check it out. And if they tell you to keep going, then they lose their ability to discipline you for it. So, many a lazy supervisor has nearly lost their own job for staying in their office chair.

But obviously, different areas have different rules.

What'dyabringmetoday???

It could be a pole on property that is a call box to the hub it which case is why the sup didn't make a big deal about it

Or it could be on the public street and the sup had him take pictures so he can tell the city and charge him with a accident

So yes it does matter
Never, ever question the great UpstateNYUPSer.

Mack Grant

I was coming into hub with a long and had a lapse of judgement and got too close to the pole and broke the phone and scraped the side of trailer. Called my supervisor and he just told me to take pics and send to him and to keep doing what I was doing. What will happen? Kind of worried sick
Hitting a stationary object is a tier 1 accident so you'll be issued a warning letter, have to watch training videos, do safety paperwork etc. Also they will give you a safety ride the next time you drive. You will probably only be off the road for one day while you fill out the paperwork. You better know your 5 seeing habits and 10 point commentary word for word.
Call your shop steward and let him know what's going on, your side of the story etc.