Tool talk

moreluck

golden ticket member
Speaking of the garage sales......our community has them every 6 months. We always get the drive-by looker and they ask ..."do you have any tools?". Musical instuments is another popular desire.

over9five

Staff member
Great use of a Dremel is a rusted solid bolt. With the cutting wheel (get the LARGE one), you can just zip right thru that bad boy!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Post filled with valuable information.

Yard sales - as the early boomers downsize, shop these sales and pick up AWESOME quality tools. Establish rapport with male seller because yard sales suck and no one wants their tools to end up in the hands of idiot. Besides, provides seller reason to escape the "women chatter" of yard sales.

You may find Craftsman tool from era when Craftsman tools had meaning.
You may find "hard to find" woodworking specialty items.

Next item to pull from More's post...
Never downsize tool collection.
And never allow yourself to move into home with less than 2 1/2 car garage. If you can, allow make sure you have at least one 220 outlet for the "just incase" you get your hot hands on pneumatic tools with guts.

Tools are what made America.

Dad's never trusted a screw which could be stripped out.
I say, never trust anyone that doesn't know the differences in a screwdriver.
Current house is a 2 car garage. Wife just got a job in a town hours away where we own land. Ill be building either a 60x80 or 100x80 shop with an apt for her.

Hopefully I won't outgrow that.

One of my favorites is my Dewalt 1/4" impact drill/driver. That thing is the one I grab first out of the 5 Dewalt drills I have.
I just wish they would make an adapter to use the new 20v Lithium Ion batteries on the older 18v tools. Sure, they have 18v Lithiums but the 20v are cheaper and lighter.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
One of my favorites is my Dewalt 1/4" impact drill/driver. That thing is the one I grab first out of the 5 Dewalt drills I have.
I just wish they would make an adapter to use the new 20v Lithium Ion batteries on the older 18v tools. Sure, they have 18v Lithiums but the 20v are cheaper and lighter.

My kid's got one, and one of these days it might not get returned.

Best cheap tool is the Harbor Freight multi-tool. I've used mine for so many different jobs, it's ridiculous. And cheap enough to replace when it dies.

oldngray

nowhere special
[quiste="oldngray, post: 1260086, member: 45230"]All this tool talk and no Indecisi0n?
He Is washing his socks, might be gone awhile[/quote]

http://sockpro.com/
system1sm.gif