Tool talk

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well I hope they don't . I know they shut some down . K mart bought them anyway so I don't think craftsman is going anywhere. Know what I mean?
Sears bought Kmart. Craftsman will not go anywhere but craftsman makes nothing. It's all rebranded stuff. It's a seperate name that Sears can sell when they bankrupt. It's a name. Nothing more.

hyena

Sears bought Kmart. Craftsman will not go anywhere but craftsman makes nothing. It's all rebranded stuff. It's a seperate name that Sears can sell when they bankrupt. It's a name. Nothing more.
My brother you got it backwards ( most people do) Kmart bought Sears

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

My father was in refrigeration all his adult life and always used Craftsman and J.H.Williams hand tools. The funny thing is, I still have some Williams' offset box wrenches that are exactly the same forging as Craftsman's from the same era.

I also have an old Master Mechanic quarter-inch socket set that other than the stamped name are identical to Craftsman.

Always been rebranded. Just had good customer service back then.

rod

Retired 22 years

Just like the Kenmore line of appliances. Just a name on someone else's product. When we built our house about 12 years ago we purchased all our appliances at Sears. Out of the stove, micro-wave, dishwasher and refrigerator the only thing that hasn't been replaced is the stove ---and the wife has hated that since day one. No more appliances from Sears for us.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just like the Kenmore line of appliances. Just a name on someone else's product. When we built our house about 12 years ago we purchased all our appliances at Sears. Out of the stove, micro-wave, dishwasher and refrigerator the only thing that hasn't been replaced is the stove ---and the wife has hated that since day one. No more appliances from Sears for us.

To be fair, their washers and dryers do a very good job.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We bought the model and all appliances were already in. 'Whirlpool Gold' and they are fine. We've been here 15 years and only the fridge has been replaced (with the same brand)

Brownslave688

image.jpeg

1/2 breaker bar. Set of stubby screwdrivers. Metric swivel socket set and some socket rails.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I picked up a return yesterday from the UPS Store that contained a different kind of "tool". Somehow it had been left in the "on" position and could be heard "vibrating". Got back to the building, saw my on-car, told him I bought him a present and tossed the package to him. He got a good laugh out of it.

Brownslave688

I picked up a return yesterday from the UPS Store that contained a different kind of "tool". Somehow it had been left in the "on" position and could be heard "vibrating". Got back to the building, saw my on-car, told him I bought him a present and tossed the package to him. He got a good laugh out of it.
Someone got my best friends wife an XXL one as a gag one time. He told me his 3 year old found the "baseball bat" in the closet this weekend and was running around the house swinging it. Lmao

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Brown noser.