Tools for automotive mechanic

bluehdmc

Nope. I always have a good supply of them. Not allowed to use them right now, at any cost. Unless genuine safety is the issue or just plain impossible to fix by the time preload arrives.
I was just thinking the other day, last week we probably had 10 tractors outside the shop on the redtag line. Yesterday there was only 1. :why:

PT Car Washer

I was just thinking the other day, last week we probably had 10 tractors outside the shop on the redtag line. Yesterday there was only 1. :why:
Like that with package cars also. Week before Thanksgiving whole roll of red tags. Day after, all fixed. I always though it was like a miracle or something.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Like that with package cars also. Week before Thanksgiving whole roll of red tags. Day after, all fixed. I always though it was like a miracle or something.
Mechanic's decision overruled by Mgt or Mgt actually facilitates repair by outside services or getting needed parts while the mechanic tries to sleep.

Alexcross774

Spinning my wheels.
You will probably not need some of your bigger tools. Depending on the size of your center, you will want to have some cordless tools. You will not be bringing most of your work into your bay.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You will probably not need some of your bigger tools. Depending on the size of your center, you will want to have some cordless tools. You will not be bringing most of your work into your bay

Alex Cross.....played by Morgan Freeman in a few movies.

mook8809

I appreciate all the replies I do have some cordless tools. Impact and drill. So ups will supply air impacts? Any other tools they supply that I may already have?

mook8809

I was also wondering how would I work around loading/ unloading on some of the larger jobs that may need to be done such as starter or brakes

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I was also wondering how would I work around loading/ unloading on some of the larger jobs that may need to be done such as starter or brakes
Unless you are pretty broken down, those jobs should not be a problem. I do all those jobs barehanded. These are not tractors. A cherry picker or tranny jack will be provided.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I appreciate all the replies I do have some cordless tools. Impact and drill. So ups will supply air impacts? Any other tools they supply that I may already have?
Various 3/4 drive sockets, large torque wrenches(when you have time to use them), drivers, grinders, bottle jack, etc.