Tools for automotive mechanic

mook8809

Unless you are pretty broken down, those jobs should not be a problem. I do all those jobs barehanded. These are not tractors. A cherry picker or tranny jack will be provided.
I was referring to working around the the workers who load and unload the truck. Like if u have a truck that needs starter or brakes and they are loading/ unloading the truck.

PT Car Washer

In my building the car washers work with the shop. If the shop needs to work on a car we will see that it gets unloaded right away. Also if a job is going to go long we just switch cars around. Drivers may not like it but just for one day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In my building the car washers work with the shop. If the shop needs to work on a car we will see that it gets unloaded right away. Also if a job is going to go long we just switch cars around. Drivers may not like it but just for one day.

When you do this please move the driver's personal belongings along with his hand cart, totes and smalls bags. It sucks to have to try to find all of these things in the morning.

PT Car Washer

Which is why the drivers do not like it. We try not to switch if possible, but drivers have to remember package cars are company property. Not their home away from home. Even if some drivers spend more time at work than at home.

oldngray

nowhere special
flying_tools_funny_warning_sticker.jpg

mook8809

how are they about keeping parts in stock i can imagine every center would be a little differnt depending on management, i also can imagine ups kinda has it down to a science about what to stock and how much. does it differ from being at the hub compared to an outside center.

mook8809

i was also wondering about priority of how things are suppose to be done. with the whole pmi, lfo, dvir, and pmi write up's.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
how are they about keeping parts in stock i can imagine every center would be a little differnt depending on management, i also can imagine ups kinda has it down to a science about what to stock and how much. does it differ from being at the hub compared to an outside center.
I don't agree with this, but they don't like to have anything around for longer than 90 days.