Top pay confusion

nystripe96

Ok, so I don't get it. HR told me that top pay for driver is $26/hr, but I spoke to a few drivers at the same HUB and they all tell me something different. One female driver told me she's making $30.50, while another driver is making around $28.00. I live in Queens, and I know the top pay varies from state to state. I'm just curious as to what top pay truly is, and how long it takes to get there?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
It looks like you will be in Teamster Local 804's jurisdictional area. Their website is: http://teamsterslocal804.org/
The 'Contract' button there will direct you to pdf files of the UPS National contract, and the L804 supplement.
I took a quick look through them to try to answer your questions (in good faith) below:
Ok, so I don't get it. HR told me that top pay for driver is $26/hr, but I spoke to a few drivers at the same HUB and they all tell me something different. One female driver told me she's making $30.50, while another driver is making around $28.00. I live in Queens, and I know the top pay varies from state to state. I'm just curious as to what top pay truly is, and how long it takes to get there?
  • Top pay for driver changes every 6 months under this contract (I'm offering this as an excuse for the multitude of different responses you got). In the 804 supp. Article 2 Wages, Section 2 Full-Time Wage Schedule (as of August 2011) the 'Driver All' (I'm assuming this is their term for package car driver/service provider) rate is $30.825/hour. Also, on August 1, 2011, there was a COLA (cost of living) increase of $0.12; so by my figures it is $30.945/hour.
  • 804 supp. Art. 2, Sec. 1 Full-Time Wage Progression: Start Full-Time Job After 8/01/2008, Drivers All Others start @ $16.100 and reaches top rate after 36 months (which is after the current contract expires, top rate for Driver All at expiration is 32.200+0.12=$32.32/hour).

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Good to know HR is so in tune.

JonFrum

Top Pay for full-time Air Drivers is currently $25.265 after two years. Part-time Air Drivers get two dollars less than that. Maybe that's what HR was talking about?