Top pay for driver

nystripe96

I'm going to try to come close to maxing out my 401k as soon as it's most feasible to do so. Was 3% inside & I'm now 5% year 2 driving. Planning to go 10% year 3 and 25%+ once I hit top rate. Fearing pension cuts when I retire and no social security, a 401k is vital for every driver. Too many drivers in my center don't contribute & it leaves me scratching my head

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm going to try to come close to maxing out my 401k as soon as it's most feasible to do so. Was 3% inside & I'm now 5% year 2 driving. Planning to go 10% year 3 and 25%+ once I hit top rate. Fearing pension cuts when I retire and no social security, a 401k is vital for every driver. Too many drivers in my center don't contribute & it leaves me scratching my head
20% should get you maxed out or at least very very close to it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What's the point of saving so much when u die 5 years after retirement
You sound like my best friend they spend every dime they make and have asked to borrow money a few times. He always says oh yeah you've got hundreds of thousands of dollars but it's all tied up in retirement accounts.

Like that's supposed to be bad thing? I would much rather have 10 million bucks saved and not get spend a bit of it and my kids get it than have to go back to work at 75 because I ran out of money.

platinum9898

You sound like my best friend they spend every dime they make and have asked to borrow money a few times. He always says oh yeah you've got hundreds of thousands of dollars but it's all tied up in retirement accounts.

Like that's supposed to be bad thing? I would much rather have 10 million bucks saved and not get spend a bit of it and my kids get it than have to go back to work at 75 because I ran out of money.

True, i would like a balance of spending and saving :) maybe find a way to invest money in some sort of small business one day to grow my money.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

35% is max now

Yes but the annual limit is around $18K so if you reach that before the year is over UPS will stop your contributions. It is best to take the $18K, divide it by 52, take that figure and divide it by your average weekly gross and multiply that by 100 to get the correct percentage to have taken out per week.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Why are there so many full timers with money problems?

I can't figure this out either.

I bought a new house within the last few years with large acreage, wife runs the fam around in a brand new SUV, I have a 30+mph little commuter sedan that is five years old and that i paid cash for. Kids are fed, 401k comfortably contributed to, and a nice vacation every year.

All that and still one whole paycheck goes into savings each month.

And i live where the cost of living is crazy.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

I bought a new house within the last few years with large acreage, wife runs the fam around in a brand new SUV, I have a 30+mph little commuter sedan that is five years old and that i paid cash for. Kids are fed, 401k comfortably contributed to, and a nice vacation every year.

I worked for Fedex for almost 8 years and those poor guys will never make what Ups pays. They won't make it in 25 years of service. I have a money shortage problem but I hope that comes to an end soon. I have lived like this for some time now. I have been a loader for about 8 months not counting the seasonal part I did. I'm going to driving school next week and will be doing sat air. I hope to do some TCD this peak. Where can I get the information about pay for different positions and how long it takes to make seniority ect. I'm can't even find out what I will be making for Sat air or driving school pay.

Grey

Do yourself a favor. When you do get to top rate try to put away as much as you can. If you can live comfortably at $25/hr you should be able to continue to do so while maxing out your 401k at $36/hr.

They don't match the 401k do they? I thought that's why we have the pension plan...

diffizzle

I worked for Fedex for almost 8 years and those poor guys will never make what Ups pays. They won't make it in 25 years of service. I have a money shortage problem but I hope that comes to an end soon. I have lived like this for some time now. I have been a loader for about 8 months not counting the seasonal part I did. I'm going to driving school next week and will be doing sat air. I hope to do some TCD this peak. Where can I get the information about pay for different positions and how long it takes to make seniority ect. I'm can't even find out what I will be making for Sat air or driving school pay.
In the contract they have all pay rates for every position. TCD, in my supplement is 70% of top driver rate and 75% after 6 months. Sat Air starts at 13.50 and tops out after two years at $24 with some minor raises in between.Yours may be different. Get a copy of the contract book from a steward or BA.