Top pay for p/t sups?

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Heard a rumor that starting p/t supes here in Denver make about $1,500 a month. Not sure if that's gross or net. Regardless, we're bleeding p/t supes. One guy quit last week, a second guy no call/no showed for a week straight and was terminated, another is making noises about leaving because the number of hours and pay just aren't coming out for him. Great supe, by the way. He'll be very sorely missed :sad:. -Rocky

UPS Lifer

...Trying to figure out which direction I want to go with UPS. Stay p/t for 20 years or 30 whatever the retirement is for p/t..(if anybody knows that info please share.) and work another job, Drive or strive for higher management. Not sure....

TT

Part Time managment and Full Time management enjoy the same sort of non-union benefits. Most things are similar.

Remember...these things could change as the years go by. There may be a "grandfather clause" or not. Chances are you will see some sort of change in the next 20-30 years with regard to retirement and benefits.

As a PT sup - you cannot retire any earlier than 55. At 55 you will get retirement benefits and medical. Without making this to complicated, your pension will be based on your best 5 year average of salary you made out of the previous 10 years right prior to retirement. Years of service also fit in here based on increments of 20-25-30-35-etc. There is a formula that is used by corporate. Another caution....any UPS sponsored pension plan that you were previously vested in or are due earnings will be deducted from your final retirement pension. Again, the retirement age and the formulas will likely be adjusted at some point ...so keep that in mind.

I recommend that you sock away everything you can while you are young. There is not one right way to invest. Find what works for you and continue to do your homework and refine your investiment strategy.

When you hit 45 get with your HR dept and find out about UPS sponsored retirement seminars.

Here is an example of something I personally did and it cost me later.
I pulled out about $25K of my money out of the UPS Thrift Plan back in the '80s. It cost me over $200K later!!! :crying:

Don't let that happen to you!!! - Just remember that retirement comes a lot quicker than you think and the new boat or car will be a pile of junk a few years from now so be wise on where your earnings are invested or spent.

BrownandBlue

WOW that sounds right ! I am currently working as a PT loader on the most bogged down trucks. I have been giving praise by most other SUPS i worked for in my hub. I have this one PT SUP that demeans me throws boxes at me and curses. He sends me home early while boxes are still coming down my line but keeps all the other guys there. Do I have recourse. At this point my even temper is loosing it

kingOFchester

WOW that sounds right ! I am currently working as a PT loader on the most bogged down trucks. I have been giving praise by most other SUPS i worked for in my hub. I have this one PT SUP that demeans me throws boxes at me and curses. He sends me home early while boxes are still coming down my line but keeps all the other guys there. Do I have recourse. At this point my even temper is loosing it

There will be a lot more people who can answer this far better then me, but here is what I think you will be told.

1) If they send you home and a managment employee is touching packages (meaning doing union work) you can griev it and get paid.

2)If the work day is winding down and they have no need for the full crew, the higher seniority employee has the right to bump you if he wants the work (with in the same work classification)But even so, all movement of packages should be carried out by the union.

Again, I do not know 1% of what a lot of the fine posters we have here at BC know

csuf07

I have been with UPS for 19 months. I have been a part time supervisor for about 7 months. I am currently making $19.23 per hour.