Top Pay Question

nystripe96

I've been working PT for two years and always thought that top rate was the max yearly salary a UPS employee can achieve. I never knew that raises continue regardless of achieving top rate. What is the max salary any of you have heard a union employee make? Could it really approach $50+/hr with enough years? I feel kinda dumb for not knowing this, but you live you learn I guess

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Top rate is the wage FT employees earn after they've completed their progression; the general wage increase increases top rate each year.

There is no top rate for PT employees. PT employees start out a finite wage, then go through a "progression." After they've completed progression, they earn the same general wage increases -- stacked on their current wage, unfortunately, as FT. The progression requirement is waived when PT stay during a contract year, although they're guaranteed the minimum standards set by the progression scale.

pretender

I've been working PT for two years and always thought that top rate was the max yearly salary a UPS employee can achieve. I never knew that raises continue regardless of achieving top rate. What is the max salary any of you have heard a union employee make? Could it really approach $50+/hr with enough years? I feel kinda dumb for not knowing this, but you live you learn I guess

I heard that by 2018, drivers will be making $100K...

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I heard that by 2018, drivers will be making $100K...

Unlike most people on here, who calculate their pay based upon their paystubs & W-2, I have a calculator and know how to use it. (Actually, I just type in top rate * 40 * 52 into Google.)

Pickles

Unlike most people on here, who calculate their pay based upon their paystubs & W-2, I have a calculator and know how to use it. (Actually, I just type in top rate * 40 * 52 into Google.)

​For Triples pay here it would be about $37.20 per hour by the end of the contract.

ibleedbrown

By the end of this contract a FT driver working very little overtime will gross $80K.

so basically u will be making 80k. i would take it lol but something tells me if i make my 40 days i will be forced to work overtime. guys in my building average 10 hours overtime a week. oh well 100k sounds good to my family and i!!!!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Calculate today's check
image.jpg

teamsterdan

it's nice to have that bright of an outlook but reality proves otherwise see how much patience and energy ya have after 5 yrs...

UPSGUY72

If you started out making $10.00 and go a $.70 each year it would take you 57 years to make $50 hr .

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

In 30 years it should be $50 an hour otherwise ups drivers then will likely be making less (buying power) than they are now.

Brownslave688

By the end of this contract a FT driver working very little overtime will gross $80K.

so basically u will be making 80k. i would take it lol but something tells me if i make my 40 days i will be forced to work overtime. guys in my building average 10 hours overtime a week. oh well 100k sounds good to my family and i!!!!

You will work 10 hours alright. Until u hit full scale lol. So u can put in 55 hours a week for something more like 60k.

ibleedbrown

You will work 10 hours alright. Until u hit full scale lol. So u can put in 55 hours a week for something more like 60k.

i'm red circled at my current pay rate, 23.59 an hour. if i make my 40 days by july 27th, 3 years from now i'll be at scale and 5 years from now, if what i understand is correct, i'll be making 37 an hour. rookies in my center get sent home often so i probably will only make 50k give or take my first year, more than double what i made part-time. i'll take it. lets just hope i make my 40, then i can hate my life like all u guys LOL!!!!

UPSGUY72

actually in 5 years an average of around 41.7 hrs a week will give you $80,000 a year

$36.16 * 40 = $1,446.00 * 52 = $75,212.00 + (OT $54.24 * 89 hr =) $4,828.00 = $80,000 +

89 HR / 52 weeks = 1.71 hrs a week of OT.

Brownslave688

actually in 5 years an average of around 41.7 hrs a week will give you $80,000 a year

$36.16 * 40 = $1,446.00 * 52 = $75,212.00 + (OT $54.24 * 89 hr =) $4,828.00 = $80,000 +

i meant 55 hours for 60k while still in progression.

browniehound

I Made $80,000 last year and that was with a few unpaid days off