Top Pay

Thatguy123

I have been full time driving for 2 years now but temp drove for 2 seasons before I was hired on full time. Always hear that my progression as a temp driver goes towards my top rate. So in essence I would not have to wait the full 4 years to reach top pay. No one in my hub including management/shop steward can tell me when I will reach top rate before the 4 years. Any help?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have been full time driving for 2 years now but temp drove for 2 seasons before I was hired on full time. Always hear that my progression as a temp driver goes towards my top rate. So in essence I would not have to wait the full 4 years to reach top pay. No one in my hub including management/shop steward can tell me when I will reach top rate before the 4 years. Any help?

Nope----time spent as a temp does not count for anything.

Box Ox

If you run enough days and fully qualify as a temp, you're red circled at the temp rate when you go FT until FT progression catches up with it on the way to top rate. Your temp rate is the least you'll ever make. And you don't have a probationary period when you go FT.

Source: My own experience.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

If you run enough days and fully qualify as a temp, you're red circled at the temp rate when you go FT until FT progression catches up with it on the way to top rate. Your temp rate is the least you'll ever make. And you don't have a probationary period when you go FT.

Source: My own experience.

And once again Dan is shown the error of his ways.

Box Ox

We had an air driver win a full-time bid. He is red circled at his top air rate

But one distinction I'd make just for the people: Getting to top rate for air exception work (5E) doesn't get you red circled at air top rate when you go FT. And you'll generally get bumped back down in pay rate and have to go back up the air rate progression ladder again if you were an air exception driver that wins an air bid (5B) slot.

Source: Also my own experience.

But one distinction I'd make just for the people: Getting to top rate for air exception work (5E) doesn't get you red circled at air top rate when you go FT. And you'll generally get bumped back down in pay rate and have to go back up the air rate progression ladder again if you were an air exception driver that wins an air bid (5B) slot.

I don't know his exact classification was. I just know he was an air driver for around 5 years.

Deemster

This summer I drove temp and then right into qualification. center manager called labor and said they look back 90 days. So instead of september, june is my fulltime date now. Was pretty stoked

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Except if you were a year one combo .
Source: Also my own experience

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Yeah I know good for him and all. But it sucks for those guys who have more seniority than him but make less than him. And it doesn't help that he is the biggest runner-gunner who refuses to help anyone else out.
You can only refuse to help twice. If they ask you a third time it's non-negotiable.

Depends on your supplement in New England at least if you were a tcd u should get credit towards pay progression if you got top rate for that time oh well doesn't pay to be a scab ... Took me 6 months to get a raise for my tcd time but I got a good check after all was resolved... if you worked oct 15 til Jan. 15 as a tcd that's three months earlier then ur seniority date you should get your raise.