Top Political Donors over the last 20 years

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wkmac, Mar 3, 2011.

1. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

2. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

I wasn't really all that surprised and to see UPS up there didn't at all shock me.

From the comments:
    I fail to see the difference he was making except that the "oil company was using "share holder" money, probably with out their expressed consent. That would would be a share holders problem, maybe.

3. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

Maybe getting away from the point you were making, but the table kinda takes away for the "Rich Republican Party" claim one hears the left using so much. The Dem's garnered $100 million more in the top 20 than the republicans did throughout the whole list. That's not even adding in the dem contributions in the lower 120.

4. Lue C Fur

Lue C Fur Evil member

5. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

Does it strike anyone as strange that UPS if pouring huge amounts of money into the Republican Party along with Fred Smith's money with the Republicans seeming to protect Fred's "compeitive edge" in reulatory category?

6. Lue C Fur

Lue C Fur Evil member

I find that strange also. Gotta love politics and money...some palms are greased better then others.

7. bbsam

strange bed-fellows indeed. and why is there grease on the hands of the bed-fellows?:happy-very:

8. Lue C Fur

Lue C Fur Evil member

Ah the link works now. Now i see why the Dems have so much money. I guess the myth of Republicans getting all the money from the fat cats kinda falls short...actually it does not look even close.

9. bbsam

Don't be such a simpleton. Republicans bring their's in through back-channels.

10. Lue C Fur

Lue C Fur Evil member

Oh thats right...i forgot. LOL

11. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Unregulated 527 Groups

I didn't say a thing!

:winks:

12. bbsam

Well I didn't say that the Democrats didn't use the same channels. Possibly implied that....:wink2:

13. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Citizens United. The back door for Republicans to do whatever dirty deeds they wish. "Thanks" Supremes!! Clarence ("Pubic Hair") Thomas and the other Right Wing tools really did us a favor. Or, more accurately, they did their corporate friends a true favor.

14. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Hey bbsam, should I rock his world or would you like to tell him with a more gentle approach!

:happy-very:

Ah I can't resist so here's just a small taste!

Obama Cuts Domestic Spending and Increases Military Corporate Welfare

More Crony Capitalism, Obama Style

Oh and if you think your democrats are immune from the influence of the Kochtopus, think again! Looking at all that corp. welfare, seems Koch money in democrat wallets was well served. Now tell me again whose really your daddy? David or Charles?

:happy-very: