top rate progression came early. what to do?

Only been full time for two years now. It was my understanding that I had to wait 4 years to go top rate per the current contract. Looked at my stub today and noticed I'm at the top rate now!!. Two whole years before my progression date. What should my next move be ?? How could this happen?

Inthegame

Only been full time for two years now. It was my understanding that I had to wait 4 years to go top rate per the current contract. Looked at my stub today and noticed I'm at the top rate now!!. Two whole years before my progression date. What should my next move be ?? How could this happen?
Send all overages to Inthegame @browncafe. I'll deal directly with UPS to resolve this travesty on your behalf.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Get a Steward (to witness) and inform the full-time management person of the concern.

After that, the onus is on them.... to either explain or rectify the problem.

Tell them, because when they find out. They'll be wanting it back. Nothing here is given.

They can only go back 90 days, to recoup on a monetary error.

Most times they don't (because of the embarrassment). But, they can.

-Bug-

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Time for a nice tropical vacation

Dr.Brownz

Did you have PT time in? They gave new drivers here an "adjusted" seniority date that moved their date back based on how long they had been PT. Though I think you would need to be PT for 10 years or so to have it adjust by 2 years!

Did you have PT time in? They gave new drivers here an "adjusted" seniority date that moved their date back based on how long they had been PT. Though I think you would need to be PT for 10 years or so to have it adjust by 2 years!
Yes,I had almost 18 yrs part time before going full time. But I don't understand why this was done. I'm also not an air driver.

rod

Retired 22 years
I also agree with telling some one in authority, probably your center manager. in front of a good witness-----------------but only do it ONE time.

It depends on the local contract you are in. In 177 if you are Ft package or feeder driver, it takes four years to make top rate. If you are a mechanic in 177, you will make top rate in two years. Check with your BA.

Johney

The OP has 18 years with the company so shouldn't when they decide to go full time it resort to the contract arraignments regarding top pay progression for that time?

ManInBrown

You have to say something. It's the right thing to do. But like someone else previously posted, tell the center manager only ONCE. Bring Stewart with you.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Get a Steward (to witness) and inform the full-time management person of the concern.

After that, the onus is on them.... to either explain or rectify the problem.

They can only go back 90 days, to recoup on a monetary error.

Most times they don't (because of the embarrassment). But, they can.

-Bug-

In addition, I'd be sending a certified and notarized letter to local HR informing them of the overage.

:greedy:

By The Book

I've learned in my career that what you think may have been an overpayment or a monetary mistake in your favor...it's usually not.