Top Rate: The Unicorn of Fedex

overflowed

I hear some of them run back and cut into line after they've already had their turn. Kind of like the guy that rides the Teacups all day long at Disneyland, every day of the year.

And while the act might disgust them, they do it anyway because the FedEx corporate culture dictates that they must do it or lose their job. I'm sure a few of them who have a conscience go home and have trouble sleeping or have a couple of drinks so they can feel better about what they're doing.

Most, however, seem to be the corporate "climbers" who will trample anyone or anything that stands between them and a higher place in the FedEx heirarchy.

I've noticed a lot of good managers taking jobs elsewhere recently. This actually worries me a little.

hypo hanna

I've noticed a lot of good managers taking jobs elsewhere recently. This actually worries me a little.

I've seen this too. If they don't leave the company outright they move to the smallest station they can afford. They are then replaced with someone straight out of college with no freight experience or drivers with just a few years on the road under their belts. The front line leadership grows weaker every day.

hypo hanna

I wish I could post some of the memos my managers have written over the years. They make OJ Simpson look like a genius.

Here's an actual memo written by an actual FedEx manager. I redacted a few items so it can't be traced back to me.

"Just like station know the Monday will be god for this soft holiday, I have look at ----(station identifier) and the Federal building on ----(street name) was close and we will run on less delve route on the AM did not see a big impact on the PM....."

Impressive!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Here's an actual memo written by an actual FedEx manager. I redacted a few items so it can't be traced back to me.

"Just like station know the Monday will be god for this soft holiday, I have look at ----(station identifier) and the Federal building on ----(street name) was close and we will run on less delve route on the AM did not see a big impact on the PM....."

Impressive!

Wow, that's written by one of the better ones. Oh, and I met an RTD today with 21 years...not topped out.

Goldilocks

Impressive!

WOW, thats bad.....Maybe you should buy this manager HookedOnPhonics

Goldilocks

Come on Goldi,There ain't no SM's that give a rats ass about couriers.They want the freight in the truck and out the door.The SM's I've seen are all brainwashed or just to stupid to read between the lines.One of our knew ops mgr's gadEATED thats right GADEATED COLLEGEin 2010 thats right 2010! and he knows the freight business has Fred S quotes on his door and is gonna coach us to more productive couriers.I love it!

Notice I used the word "few"

We have had some crappy SM in the past but the one we have now has been around a long long time and hates what has happened to Express. Quote " What has happened to our company? It's simple, deliver packages and pickup packages, it's become too complicated" Last peak, this Senior met each one of us when we pulled in the building, had steaks on the grill and asked us how we liked it cooked. He then brought our meals to us as we checked out. He had the breakroom decorated and had salad and baked potatoes. This guy really tries.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

We have had some crappy SM in the past but the one we have now has been around a long long time and hates what has happened to Express. Quote " What has happened to our company? It's simple, deliver packages and pickup packages, it's become too complicated" Last peak, this Senior met each one of us when we pulled in the building, had steaks on the grill and asked us how we liked it cooked. He then brought our meals to us as we checked out. He had the breakroom decorated and had salad and baked potatoes. This guy really tries.

That IS pretty good for a SM.

Hopefully Fred or MT3 never find out about him.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That IS pretty good for a SM.

Hopefully Fred or MT3 never find out about him.

They are safe as long as they have a "buddy" somewhere up the food chain who will protect them. Most seniors I know have their head firmly buried in someone's ass that will always be on their side, no matter how many stupid things they do. It's the way the company works.

Totally dysfunctional.

CJinx

Then he tried to expense the whole thing and corporate said no.

overflowed

Hey CJinx, your QA yes? So you work for the company? I have a friend in QA ground and she told me her dental is still paid at 80% is that true?