TOP THIS

Seriously,you cant make this cr@p up.....
This morning we were informed at our morning PCM that a driver in another bldg in our division is being charged with a Tier 3 accident because a pedestrian WALKED into the rear of his pkg car.And mind you,the pedestrian admitted fault by saying he/she was not paying attention.
Guess fron now on we need to get out of our trucks when we see a pedestrian and help them cross the street safely.Wonder what the time allowance is gonna be for that.This company never ceases to amaze me.

Nimnim

The Nim
banana peel was in central florida area

I bet that was the cause of the 4 car pileup I saw driving home from work last night. You're a danger to all the careless drivers in Florida!

P.S. I still don't know what route you run out of Orlando, but it'd be amusing if we'd already have talked without knowing it.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
Wouldn't that be something if that incident made everyone "SICK" in that building for a day over knowing that could happen to a fellow UPSer? A little solidarity can go a long way!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
So a DM can follow a driver, have an unknown walk behind the truck directly into it, dial 911 emergency saying they're injured and you are charged with a Tier III and out of a job. That sounds legit. Wouldn't surprise me that UPS thought of it.

brownelf

that really doesn't fit the parameters of a T3 accident. they can call it what they want at the AM meeting, but I bet when the papers get filed it more than likely won't be a Tier3.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
So a DM can follow a driver, have an unknown walk behind the truck directly into it, dial 911 emergency saying they're injured and you are charged with a Tier III and out of a job. That sounds legit. Wouldn't surprise me that UPS thought of it.

You are correct about everything except the "out of a job" part. A termination for an "accident" that involved a pedestrian walking into the back of a parked pkg car would not be upheld at panel. The company can call it what they want, they can assigne it to whatever "tier" they want, they can withold recognition and safe driving awards, and they can even make the driver go sit in the office and recite acronyms and safety drivel all week if they want.....but they cant fire the driver over it.