Top UPS execs get more stock incentives, 10 percent raises

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Damn Bernie is looking really good right about now and this is the consensus from both sides of the isle... What does that tell you???

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

$1.00 an hour raise, split in august and february. probably will look to take away your overtime premium for the day after thanksgiving by eliminating that holiday. and watch out but the health insurance may take some kind of hit that we would never expect. what have you done for brown?

Black Friday will be just another work day in 2018.

Any changes to our healthcare will be initiated by the Union, not the Company.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We've gotten smaller raises over the last two contracts so I would assume the trend would continue.
Three contracts ago our raises were ~3.1%
Two contracts ago our raises were ~2.7%
This last contract our raises were ~2.1%
They never do the math for you like that because it would make you see the reality. Instead they say they are going to give us the same raises to make it seem like you aren't getting less. But if you do the math we get less and less every year, but the stock holders and management get more and more.
I've been saying this for decades. Negotiate raises in percentages, not cents per hour. Seems so simple, but yet the union seems to be stuck in the 70's?

JL 0513

It's pretty easy to become an executive of a multi-billion dollar corporation. So if you're jealous of executive pay, just become the CEO.

Oh, it's not easy? OK, never mind.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've been saying this for decades. Negotiate raises in percentages, not cents per hour. Seems so simple, but yet the union seems to be stuck in the 70's?

Even our business agent last contract said "you're getting the same raises, it's not like you're losing out." So I did the math for him which was followed by 3 seconds of blank stare and then an "ooooohhhhh!!!"

PT Car Washer

Even our business agent last contract said "you're getting the same raises, it's not like you're losing out." So I did the math for him which was followed by 3 seconds of blank stare and then an "ooooohhhhh!!!"
My Business Agent tells me I am lucky to have a job. So does the Center Manager. Sometimes it is hard to tell the two apart.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Then after that did he go eat
My Business Agent tells me I am lucky to have a job. So does the Center Manager. Sometimes it is hard to tell the two apart.
you know that spraying them with a hose is a easy way to get them separated...it seems to work for 2 humping dogs.....