torn ligaments in my shoulder

Woke up yesterday morning and couldn't put any weight on my right foot, which was red and swollen. Went to the ER, was checked in and then transferred to their non-emergent clinic (Fast Track). X-rays and lab work all came back negative. The diagnosis was plantar fasciitis and the treatment was an anti-inflammatory and insoles. I was also given a work release through 12/31, if needed. Foot is feeling much better today and I fully expect to be on road tomorrow.
Same problem with my right foot. I wear sneakers for a few day,then Im usually o.k.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
431837.jpg

Woke up yesterday morning and couldn't put any weight on my right foot, which was red and swollen. Went to the ER, was checked in and then transferred to their non-emergent clinic (Fast Track). X-rays and lab work all came back negative. The diagnosis was plantar fasciitis and the treatment was an anti-inflammatory and insoles. I was also given a work release through 12/31, if needed. Foot is feeling much better today and I fully expect to be on road tomorrow.
Did you really need,to go to the ER? Pratice,what you preach!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did you really need,to go to the ER? Pratice,what you preach!

Not that it's any of your business but, yes, I went to the ER. Our medical choices locally are very limited, especially on the weekend. I was surprised that they didn't ask me if I wanted to pay the $100 deductible when they were registering me----I'm sure I will get a bill for it in the mail. They transferred me to their non-emergent clinic shortly after I checked in.

I had no idea what was going on with my foot and didn't want to wait until I could get in to my PCP to find out.

Not that it's any of your business but, yes, I went to the ER. Our medical choices locally are very limited, especially on the weekend. I was surprised that they didn't ask me if I wanted to pay the $100 deductible when they were registering me----I'm sure I will get a bill for it in the mail. They transferred me to their non-emergent clinic shortly after I checked in.

I had no idea what was going on with my foot and didn't want to wait until I could get in to my PCP to find out.
But.... It is o.k. for YOU, to tell others not to use the E.R.? That wasn't a true emergency....just saying! Painful,yes Emergency = NO.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Dave..you live in/near a fairly large city. Are there no walk-in urgent care clinics near you? Many have Xray machines on premises. I went to one on Friday...I paid nothing but a $10 co pay. And had xrays taken.