Total Knee Replacement Surgery

JL 0513

For the older guys, weren't most of your years spent with high step package cars with no handrails? Hopefully we will fair better with newer low step trucks and handrails.

I'm still in an old high step, since I'm newer. But these old trucks are being weeded out.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
For the older guys, weren't most of your years spent with high step package cars with no handrails? Hopefully we will fair better with newer low step trucks and handrails.

I'm still in an old high step, since I'm newer. But these old trucks are being weeded out.

The old high step cars didn't help but neither has the increase of stops and paid day. My route used to go.out with 65 to 70 stops and that was considered a 9 hour day. Now they send me out with 95 to 100 and that is nearly a 10 hour day. Also you could also point a finger towards telemetrics because I walk more driveways to cut one of their numbers. This job tears the body apart.

oldngray

nowhere special

The old high step was bad but a stiff clutch was murder on your knee.

joeboodog

My right knee was the one that went out first. I had a doctor tell me that he sees this in basketball players and UPS drivers because we tend to pivot on that knee when we get off the seat and face the bulk head.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Yup, the older trucks...especially the old 1200 have a higher step in the cargo area too...they are murder on my knees.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you're saying their "3 Points of Contact" may actually make sense?

I would still have to think that there would be nagging doubt in the back of my mind when stepping from the pkg car on to an uneven or slippery surface.

joeboodog

On my last safety ride the sup made a comment praising the fact that I always maintained 3 points of contact on and off the car. I told him with my knees that is the only I can get my fat butt on board.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If I ever have something like that happen, ill make sure I get something typed out like a medical waiver that they have to sign so that it specifically says I cant be disciplined or harassed for production numbers because of the type of injury and disability, if you want to call it that. Gotta protect dat :censored2: lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I ever have something like that happen, ill make sure I get something typed out like a medical waiver that they have to sign so that it specifically says I cant be disciplined or harassed for production numbers because of the type of injury and disability, if you want to call it that. Gotta protect dat :censored2: lol.

Before you are cleared to come back you will have to go through a "fit for duty" assessment during which any limitations will be noted; however, if you are declared 100% fit for duty you will be expected to do the job to their standards and will be disciplined and/or harassed if you fail to do so.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Rainman

Its all good.
Before you are cleared to come back you will have to go through a "fit for duty" assessment during which any limitations will be noted; however, if you are declared 100% fit for duty you will be expected to do the job to their standards and will be disciplined and/or harassed if you fail to do so.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Very true.

Sent using BrownCafe App