Total Knee Replacement Surgery

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Today the knee is still sore but not as sore as yesterday. Each day thanks to physical therapy I can feel the pain lessening while the knee gets stronger. The amazing thing is that within 3 months the only pain I will have will be coming from dispatch. Thanks again for the great posts and prayers. They do help.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Today the knee is still sore but not as sore as yesterday. Each day thanks to physical therapy I can feel the pain lessening while the knee gets stronger. The amazing thing is that within 3 months the only pain I will have will be coming from dispatch. Thanks again for the great posts and prayers. They do help.
I was out 14 weeks with torn meniscus surgery in 06. You going back to work in 12 weeks with knee replacement. Your freakin crazy dude. Id milk that for at least 5 to 6 months. But then again I got the Aflac, so I could definitely afford to milk it lol.

Indecisi0n

I was out 14 weeks with torn meniscus surgery in 06. You going back to work in 12 weeks with knee replacement. Your freakin crazy dude. Id milk that for at least 5 to 6 months. But then again I got the Aflac, so I could definitely afford to milk it lol.
What's the Aflac thing?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Supplementary insurance homeboy. Dissability, critical illness and hospitalization. Aflac gives you money for everything. Doctor visits, surgery, physical therapy, diagnostics etc. They give you 60 percent of your pay a month (3359) and 350 a month I believe from the union up to 26 weeks and then its like 600 or so from union. So basically your getting paid 4800 bux a month to sit home and recover from surgery on top of the extra money you get from Aflac for the other stuff that goes directly in your pocket also.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
That extra money goes into your pocket obviously if you have double insurance coverage with you and your wife. But even if you only have 1 insurance carrier, that extra helps with whatever balance you have remaining for your out of pocket that insurance doesn't pick up.

brown bomber

brown bomber
That extra money goes into your pocket obviously if you have double insurance coverage with you and your wife. But even if you only have 1 insurance carrier, that extra helps with whatever balance you have remaining for your out of pocket that insurance doesn't pick up.
not sure about your coverage....however I also had a total knee replacement, and ended up going on long-term disability after the 6 month short term disability,..in our area any supplemental insurance is deducted from the long term payments that you're entitled to

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
165 a month I pay for 3 policies. They give you 60 percent of your salary no matter what you get from union. If you do get hurt outside of work, guess what try and survive on 350 a week from the union for the short term dissability and feed a family and pay your mortgage. Aint going to happen. So many guys take it for granted it wont happen to them. Guess what fellas an injury don't care if your white, black, Chinese, man, women, age 20 or age 50. You get where im going with this. Could happen to anyone. Be smart, protect your house and your family from losing everything you have. Its so easy to get hurt on this job its ridiculous. Most of the injuries on this job don't happen from a single incident, its from repetition of your joints wearing out. It aint rocket science, you do this job long enough, something on your body is going to wear out eventually.

165 a month I pay for 3 policies. They give you 60 percent of your salary no matter what you get from union. If you do get hurt outside of work, guess what try and survive on 350 a week from the union for the short term dissability and feed a family and pay your mortgage. Aint going to happen. So many guys take it for granted it wont happen to them. Guess what fellas an injury don't care if your white, black, Chinese, man, women, age 20 or age 50. You get where im going with this. Could happen to anyone. Be smart, protect your house and your family from losing everything you have. Its so easy to get hurt on this job its ridiculous. Most of the injuries on this job don't happen from a single incident, its from repetition of your joints wearing out. It aint rocket science, you do this job long enough, something on your body is going to wear out eventually.
Wow, Im impressed!...I understood, every word you posted!:oops:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
wtf-cat_zps06e7b5a9.gif
LMFAO

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
How was your knee afterward? I got a tear in my meniscus and some damaged cartliage...I've been putting off surgery for several reasons....the first being I don't want to end up worse than it is now.