Total Knee Replacement Surgery

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

not sure about your coverage....however I also had a total knee replacement, and ended up going on long-term disability after the 6 month short term disability,..in our area any supplemental insurance is deducted from the long term payments that you're entitled to

Supplemental insurance payments are separate and not affected by long term disability payments.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Today they are planning to discharge me to go home. All has gone as well as can be expected. I still have some pain while walking but it is getting better each day. Those of you considering this kind of surgery in the future please feel free to contact me and I will try to answer any questions. When I had my first knee done, people tended to tell me either best case or worst case scenarios when I just wanted an honest assessment of what to expect. Again, thanks for all the positive posts and prayers.

Rainman

Its all good.
That extra money goes into your pocket obviously if you have double insurance coverage with you and your wife. But even if you only have 1 insurance carrier, that extra helps with whatever balance you have remaining for your out of pocket that insurance doesn't pick up.
Aflac has been a pain whenever I file claims. They don't want to pay out, but they don't let you know that unless you contact them asking for a reason. It's been a hassle, other than wellness benefits. I have all 3 policies like you, but if I can find a reasonably. Priced alternative then I will likely switch. You are right about disability, though. I was out of work 4 weeks last year and the disability policy saved me.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If you have a good Aflac guy, they will take care of you. Its a pain in the butt if you go straight through them on the phone. A lot easier to go through your local representative.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Today they are planning to discharge me to go home. All has gone as well as can be expected. I still have some pain while walking but it is getting better each day. Those of you considering this kind of surgery in the future please feel free to contact me and I will try to answer any questions. When I had my first knee done, people tended to tell me either best case or worst case scenarios when I just wanted an honest assessment of what to expect. Again, thanks for all the positive posts and prayers.
Hey how's the new knee coming along? After three days of pretty bad right knee pain...I'm in the ER waiting on xray results.

joeboodog

Hey how's the new knee coming along? After three days of pretty bad right knee pain...I'm in the ER waiting on xray results.
I hated to hear that you are waiting for results of an x-ray and are in pain and pray its something minor and ice and motrin will treat it.

My new knee is doing much better compared to where I was during the other knees recovery. Today I have my first session at physical therapy. It will be painful but in a good way because that means healing is happening. My knee already feels better than before the surgery but I know I still have a long way to go.

What happened? Mess it up at work or were you like me in that the osteo arthritis just caught up.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I hated to hear that you are waiting for results of an x-ray and are in pain and pray its something minor and ice and motrin will treat it.

My new knee is doing much better compared to where I was during the other knees recovery. Today I have my first session at physical therapy. It will be painful but in a good way because that means healing is happening. My knee already feels better than before the surgery but I know I still have a long way to go.

What happened? Mess it up at work or were you like me in that the osteo arthritis just caught up.
Glad to hear you're healing well. I've got a torn menicus and some cartlidge damage from a car accident...but I'm sure ups doesn't help it any. Been putting off have surgery for a while. It bothers me once in a while but i must've strained it at work this week. Doctor says there's fluid around the kneecap.

joeboodog

Glad to hear you're healing well. I've got a torn menicus and some cartlidge damage from a car accident...but I'm sure ups doesn't help it any. Been putting off have surgery for a while. It bothers me once in a while but i must've strained it at work this week. Doctor says there's fluid around the kneecap.
That's the way this knee went. I was planning to get it done in April around Easter but it had other ideas. Fortunately the doc was able move me up and now the recovery begins.

I will pray for you that this is.minor but if you need surgery don't put it off. Walking like an old person before you get old is no way to live.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That's the way this knee went. I was planning to get it done in April around Easter but it had other ideas. Fortunately the doc was able move me up and now the recovery begins.

I will pray for you that this is.minor but if you need surgery don't put it off. Walking like an old person before you get old is no way to live.
they drained the fluid in the ER...i'm home, still sore but a little better. Got to follow up with my orthopedic...and get another mri to see if the menicus tear is bigger. A friend thinks it is bigger, and it's catching on something in my knee, which is what it feels like the last few days.

Island

I've had a history of knee injuries. Not at the company, just in life. I learned a long time ago to prop my knees up when I sleep so the swelling goes down. It works - you wake up and your legs are 100% ready to go. We all know what it's like after a long day to wake up and it takes you a moment to stand up, if you sleep on a recliner or put pillows under your knees then you'll feel quite a bit better.
There's also a lot of different stretches that the company wellness doctrine doesn't cover. Bodybuilding.com has a lot of that information, some of it has helped me.
The one time I can remember having a lot of fluid in my knee, I was pretty sure it was blood at the time, and the only thing that helped it was doing absolutely nothing for the rest of the day after I made it home. Hurt like a mother to walk.
Meniscus can sometimes heal itself. I believe all the cases I have heard of have involved propping the legs up, occasionally stretching, and not doing much else. The tissue has to come together in the right leg position, and stay like that, in order to heal together again. And naturally you need a lot of minerals, fiber and protein to heal joints faster. Of course there are also people I know who have had no luck healing meniscus, just the same I know one guy in particular who has healed torn meniscus probably a dozen times without a doctor's help (he's one of the "prop it up and do nothing" guys).
I know you drivers don't like to miss work but a day off on your recliner will work wonders. It seems to for me.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I've had a history of knee injuries. Not at the company, just in life. I learned a long time ago to prop my knees up when I sleep so the swelling goes down. It works - you wake up and your legs are 100% ready to go. We all know what it's like after a long day to wake up and it takes you a moment to stand up, if you sleep on a recliner or put pillows under your knees then you'll feel quite a bit better.
There's also a lot of different stretches that the company wellness doctrine doesn't cover. Bodybuilding.com has a lot of that information, some of it has helped me.
The one time I can remember having a lot of fluid in my knee, I was pretty sure it was blood at the time, and the only thing that helped it was doing absolutely nothing for the rest of the day after I made it home. Hurt like a mother to walk.
Meniscus can sometimes heal itself. I believe all the cases I have heard of have involved propping the legs up, occasionally stretching, and not doing much else. The tissue has to come together in the right leg position, and stay like that, in order to heal together again. And naturally you need a lot of minerals, fiber and protein to heal joints faster. Of course there are also people I know who have had no luck healing meniscus, just the same I know one guy in particular who has healed torn meniscus probably a dozen times without a doctor's help (he's one of the "prop it up and do nothing" guys).
I know you drivers don't like to miss work but a day off on your recliner will work wonders. It seems to for me.
the pain comes and goes...some days it's okay. It's the tear or whatever it is that's catching on something inside my knee when I walk, especially up a step. If that would just stop as quickly as it started, I'll be alright.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It is but we got a discounted rate through our local. Id try n get hold of your local Aflac salesman in the phone book or even try your insurance company that you hold your home owners and car insurance with. You should probably have the same company for both of them as its always cheaper to bundle policies anyway.

It is but we got a discounted rate through our local. Id try n get hold of your local Aflac salesman in the phone book or even try your insurance company that you hold your home owners and car insurance with. You should probably have the same company for both of them as its always cheaper to bundle policies anyway.
Wtf?....thats In plain English!......Where is Jumpman? and what did you do with him?....(or her)....lmao

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I like articulate Jumpman better....he sounds...smarter...lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
imagesSGZS390B.jpg
Wtf?....thats In plain English!......Where is Jumpman? and what did you do with him?....(or her)....lmao