Total knee replacement

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I have excruciating pain, every since I got put back in a manual vehicle where you had to push the clutch to China. I have mine back now, been 3 Months and I still walk like an old person. It isnt actually my knee, it is behind my knee. I am not a person who rushes to a doctor, to me it seems to be a varicose vein, is that possible? Once I am moving I am fine. All my injuries were at work. I was a high jumper in HS but thats it, and when it was too high, ....I bailed.
Could still be a slight tear in your meniscus, doesn't have to originate from the side or front of knee. Could be a piece of loose cartilage catching the wrong way, it does happen if theres a loose piece and its catching on to something. Id just let it go if it doesn't bother you at work too bad or your not getting fluid real bad on your knee.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Guys I've been having these symptoms for years now and I'm 26...can't imagine 30+ years from now...
That's why you stuff that 401k and get 15 to 20 years in and rollout. And get a job somewhere else til you can collect your pension. This isn't a 30 year job anymore its a 15 to 20 year job physically.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I usually do 1 cortisone shot a year in the 1 knee I had meniscus surgery on. Usually only get it when I have a thin layer of fluid on my knee. Youll be able to tell when its time for the cortisone shot cause youll have that pain shooting right on your knee cap. Definitely not recommended to do too many shots in 1 year is what the doctors say anyway. Just maintenance to get me to retirement in 12.5 years. Eventually I know im a need it replaced after years of this job, baseball, softball, football, lacrosse, and tennis. Go hard or go home lol.
You'll know it's time to get the knee replaced when you get a shot of cortisone and two days later the pain comes back.
I have excruciating pain, every since I got put back in a manual vehicle where you had to push the clutch to China. I have mine back now, been 3 Months and I still walk like an old person. It isnt actually my knee, it is behind my knee. I am not a person who rushes to a doctor, to me it seems to be a varicose vein, is that possible? Once I am moving I am fine. All my injuries were at work. I was a high jumper in HS but thats it, and when it was too high, ....I bailed.
Get it checked out. No sense living with the pain.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Could still be a slight tear in your meniscus, doesn't have to originate from the side or front of knee. Could be a piece of loose cartilage catching the wrong way, it does happen if theres a loose piece and its catching on to something. Id just let it go if it doesn't bother you at work too bad or your not getting fluid real bad on your knee.
I let everything go as long as possible......

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I am sure I will be forced to. Even aleve, advil, copper wear, and various muscle rubs, aint cutting it. I know when it happened too, and I have never got over it. My truck needed a back door, and it wasnt in "the budget" I drove smile*cans for 2 months. I had an old relic for a few days, with the high step that you had to push the clutch to China, and every since, Im limping. Rat Bast***s

I am sure I will be forced to. Even aleve, advil, copper wear, and various muscle rubs, aint cutting it. I know when it happened too, and I have never got over it. My truck needed a back door, and it wasnt in "the budget" I drove smile*cans for 2 months. I had an old relic for a few days, with the high step that you had to push the clutch to China, and every since, Im limping. Rat Bast***s
Those old trucks,suck big time! and you feel It even more,the next day.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
My left knee always hurt when I was driving one of those old trucks with a stiff clutch. The high step sucked too.
Drove a stick for the first time since my knee replacements on Friday. They were sore for a while but the boys bounced back.