Touch screen

9.5er

Both on car sups. followed me once doing an on area observation. I stopped at a gas station to take a leak. (I hadn't seen them yet) About 10 minutes later I spotted them and they came up to talk to me. The same sup said I didn't carry the diad with me to the bathroom. He said it was sitting right there for anyone to walk up and steal. He then said what if a terrorist got ahold of it........ Hand to face

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Since were complaining about annoying diad quircks....

What about the stylus-on-a-leash that flies out 4 out of 5 times you pull the diad out of your pouch? 10 hours of that little nuisance will get on anybodies nerves.
Cut off the retardo stylus and the bs hand strap. Go full commando with the diad. Stripped down like this, it will slip like butter into your back pocket. When it's time for a signature, use a pen from your chest pocket. It'll seem weird for a day, but it will be second nature after that.

Packmule

That only happens once or twice a day for me--not a biggie. For me it was the stupid strap on the back coming unclipped from the back of the diad every time I pulled it out of the holster. I finally just cut the damn thing off the back.
So did I!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The pouch always gets in the way of the seatbelt buckle so I stopped using it and stick the diad in my back pocket also.
My sup. gave me some grief once when he saw my diad was in the holder while I was on lunch break. Told me it was supposed to be with me at all times. I said lunch was MY time and the diad was not going in with me. Now I put it in back of truck.

The DIAD is an expensive piece of equipment and your sup was right when he gave you grief about your nonchalant attitude. I always lock mine in the cargo area while on my lunch break.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Both on car sups. followed me once doing an on area observation. I stopped at a gas station to take a leak. (I hadn't seen them yet) About 10 minutes later I spotted them and they came up to talk to me. The same sup said I didn't carry the diad with me to the bathroom. He said it was sitting right there for anyone to walk up and steal. He then said what if a terrorist got ahold of it........ Hand to face

While the terrorist comment was over the top, he was right about your carefree attitude regarding company equipment. I would hate to see you or anyone have to pay for one.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I get tired of finding it in the wrong mode every time I pick it up. Buttons bump too easily.

Every once in a while mine will bump in to the Get EDD mode.

I had one stop today that had 18 packages. They were pretty big but not heavy. I prerecorded twice and somehow deleted one package. Had to go back inside the customers building to find the one I was missing.[/quote]

How does this happen? I have several stops where I use the prerecord button and it takes some effort to get all of the stops prerecorded----I can't see how you are having this happen by simply bumping the DIAD.

Future

Victory Ride
You have to watch that dup stop button also, it gets hit then you dont get credit for stop.....i mean who really cares but its a issue!

Z

ZQXC

Since were complaining about annoying diad quircks....

What about the stylus-on-a-leash that flies out 4 out of 5 times you pull the diad out of your pouch? 10 hours of that little nuisance will get on anybodies nerves.

Really annoying. After the first day with version 5, I removed the elastic strap and tossed the stylus/cord. Clean and simple, smooth operation with the holster.

I carry a stylus from version 3 in my shirt pocket, handing customer stylus and board together. My customers disliked the mini-stylus.

9.5er

I had one stop today that had 18 packages. They were pretty big but not heavy. I prerecorded twice and somehow deleted one package. Had to go back inside the customers building to find the one I was missing.

How does this happen? I have several stops where I use the prerecord button and it takes some effort to get all of the stops prerecorded----I can't see how you are having this happen by simply bumping the DIAD.[/quote]
My thumb seems to always end up right over the prerecord option when I try holding the diad and move packages at the same time. Usually when I have multiple packages for same stop I try not to put diad down unless box is heavy. Still not sure how I deleted that one but I fixed it.

On a side note you sure you are not a Sup. Your responses sure sound like supervision talking. Just sayin.

Z

ZQXC

I had one stop today that had 18 packages. They were pretty big but not heavy. I prerecorded twice and somehow deleted one package. Had to go back inside the customers building to find the one I was missing.

Seems more likely that you failed to scan one of the packages; in order to delete, you would have been prompted "Do you want to void this package?"

Last edited by a moderator:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How does this happen? I have several stops where I use the prerecord button and it takes some effort to get all of the stops prerecorded----I can't see how you are having this happen by simply bumping the DIAD.
My thumb seems to always end up right over the prerecord option when I try holding the diad and move packages at the same time. Usually when I have multiple packages for same stop I try not to put diad down unless box is heavy. Still not sure how I deleted that one but I fixed it.

On a side note you sure you are not a Sup. Your responses sure sound like supervision talking. Just sayin.[/quote]

I'm sorry--should I dumb down my posts to sound more like a driver?

Future

Victory Ride

On a side note you sure you are not a Sup. Your responses sure sound like supervision talking. Just sayin.

I'm sorry--should I dumb down my posts to sound more like a driver?[/quote]
WTF does dumb down to sound like a driver mean???

Indecisi0n

Cut off the retardo stylus and the bs hand strap. Go full commando with the diad. Stripped down like this, it will slip like butter into your back pocket. When it's time for a signature, use a pen from your chest pocket. It'll seem weird for a day, but it will be second nature after that.
Love gong bareback.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Exactly what it implies.

I will not apologize for having the ability to put words together to form coherent sentences.

I will post at my level and don't care if I come off "sounding like a supervisor".

9.5er

Exactly what it implies.

I will not apologize for having the ability to put words together to form coherent sentences.

I will post at my level and don't care if I come off "sounding like a supervisor".

Umm, ok. Don't go and get your panties in a wad. Maybe you should change your name to UptightNYUPSer.

Z

ZQXC

Exactly what it implies.

The Terms of Service restrict me from posting how you "come off" to others on this forum.