Tough decisions ahead. Advice?

What do you think?

• Stay union

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • Move on

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

Doc Brown

A Little about myself. I'am 26 years old and graduated from Cal Poly Pomona with a degree in Business Administration/Operations and Supply Chain Management almost 2 years ago. I have yet to find a decent job and I'm considering part time management to get some experience under my belt to help round out my resume. However, I am approaching my 5th year as a part time hourly and throwing away 5 years of seniority and the option of driving one day is weighing on me heavily. Granted I'm in socal and the wait is about 10 years right now.. I still feel like I would be opting out of solid backup plan. Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Johney

10 year wait as opposed to never? You're already half way there why give up free health care and a chance to make great money to go into paying for insurance, little to no advancement, constantly trying to reach unobtainable goals. Yea that sounds like a great idea.

Indecisi0n

Put it this way, you can go into management anytime you want so don't make any rash decisions. Me personally, you could double my current pay as a top rate driver and I still wouldn't go into management. I don't allow people to walk all over me. They can do other things all over me but not walk.

Last edited:

Turdferguson

Just a turd
A Little about myself. I'am 26 years old and graduated from Cal Poly Pomona with a degree in Business Administration/Operations and Supply Chain Management almost 2 years ago. I have yet to find a decent job and I'm considering part time management to get some experience under my belt to help round out my resume. However, I am approaching my 5th year as a part time hourly and throwing away 5 years of seniority and the option of driving one day is weighing on me heavily. Granted I'm in socal and the wait is about 10 years right now.. I still feel like I would be opting out of solid backup plan. Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated.
Have you looked into other jobs at UPS? Not everything at UPS involves loading and unloading packages, or delivering them.

By The Book

Put it this way, you can go into management anytime you want so don't make any rash decisions. Me personally, you could double my current pay as a top rate driver and I still wouldn't go into management. I don't allow people to walk all over me. They can do other things all over me but not walk.
Whoooooopiiiiiish!

By The Book

Put in a transfer request to a nearby building that may have a shorter wait?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
First look into what other jobs UPS has available in your field of study .
Some maybe friend/T and/or you may have to
move out of state .
If you find something good , then do it .
Life as a P/T with a slim chance of driving someday is not an option that looks appealing .

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
As much as I complain about driving I think you should wait it out...I'm making more than most of my friends with college degrees and I'm still at bottom scale...10 years to drive though :censored2:

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
PT supervision is an absolute dead end. It's also BY FAR the absolute worst job at UPS.

That's not true, I worked with a lot of PT sups over the years who got promoted, not only within operations but to I.E., finance, corporate.

It is the worst job at UPS though.