tougher than it looks

brown bomber

brown bomber
perhaps a better question might be....How many innocent individuals lost their lives, or suffered major injuries due to drivers poor judgement???? I can think of 1 death, and several significant crashes , with severe injuries ??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
perhaps a better question might be....How many innocent individuals lost their lives, or suffered major injuries due to drivers poor judgement???? I can think of 1 death, and several significant crashes , with severe injuries ??

I would like to take it one more step If I may, how many people have lost their lives or suffered major injuries due to trying to meet some impossible standard put upon them from a company who says safety is their number 1 goal. Tell that to someone who is going down the path towards being fired because they arent "going fast enough..."

menotyou

bella amicizia
I would like to take it one more step If I may, how many people have lost their lives or suffered major injuries due to trying to meet some impossible standard put upon them from a company who says safety is their number 1 goal. Tell that to someone who is going down the path towards being fired because they arent "going fast enough..."
Uhmmm, I can see one or two on this thread. Just sayin'

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How many died as a result of operating antiquated vehicles, void of power breaks and steering, highback seats and 3 point seatbelts?

anonymous4

I'm a realist. The bottom line is no matter how much I participate nothing is being enforced by my "brothers". The contract isn't worth the paper it's written on and we both know it, so crawl away. Does voting matter when the majority purely vote for a name? Do grievances matter when they aren't resolved in a timely matter and in doing so you become the one for management to chuck spears at, until you leave or they find a reason to get rid of you? Change is not up to one person and it is so awful right now it will take a walk to even regain hope of real change. Tell me what good my union is doing for me right now Upstate. Please, tell me what I can do different. Tell me what I can do if I try and enforce the contract as the lone solider and end up in the pits of my building until I have no will to continue Upstate. You know nothing. Personal opinion, of course.

I am prepared to walk the line or outright leave this "union" if true enforcement doesn't come soon.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am also a realist. Bottom line no matter how little I participate nothing is being enforced by your "brothers". The contract isn't worth the paper it's written on and we both know it. I will walk away with my head held high in April 2019.

anonymous4

Aren't you the guy who wants two-tiered wages in the next contract to "help" the company out? Yet you're tossing catchy phrases at me? Give me a break. You had your run and you are fully prepared to throw the next generation of drivers under the bus after you made your comfy nest egg.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As I said above I am a realist. I do not want two-tiered wages but do see them as an inevitability if we are to remain competitive with Ground. It has nothing to do with throwing anyone under the bus.

What the hell is a next egg?

anonymous4

Says the guy who edits complete posts to "win" arguments. I couldn't give a **** about the illusion of "remaining competitive". Give up your NEST egg to remain competitive. Don't put your hands into my cookie jar and throw me kool aide that unless I make $10 less than you the company will go under.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Says the guy who edits complete posts to "win" arguments. I couldn't give a **** about the illusion of "remaining competitive". Give up your NEST egg to remain competitive. Don't put your hands into my cookie jar and throw me kool aide that unless I make $10 less than you the company will go under.

The two-tiered wage system, if it is ever implemented, would be for new FT hires after the ratification date of the contract.

The UAW balked at the idea at first but it has been an integral part of their resurrection.

anonymous4

I understand exactly what it would mean, Upstate. Don't attempt to label me as selfish because I am fully aware our union is weak. I have admitted in the past it is in part weak because of people like myself who will not enforce it like it should be. There is another side to that coin. The target one gains along with the inability for the grievance process to work in it's current state means I have zero interest in getting myself fired until real change happens (which it won't). Change you or I on an individual basis are not capable of seeing out. I have no job bid inside, meaning if they want me gone my future inside is bleak at best. I have seen where you go if they decide you are a problem and I will not be the sacrificial lamb while still changing nothing in the way things currently work.

Any way you care to slice it, you would not vote for a two tiered wage if you weren't already in your full time slot. Don't be a hypocrite. Says the guy who needs to have a pity party before he stops posting on an internet forum, before his triumphant return several days later.

anonymous4

To contribute in some way to this thread, I would like to see statistics on such things.

Here is a question for everyone who reads: Do they announce employee deaths over the intercom? Is there any form of respect shown for hourly employees who have passed on? We have had several deaths in our hub, on our shift. None related to work yet. Either through natural causes or tragedies outside of work. NONE have been acknowledged nor a moment of silence given at any point during the shift. Yet, they routinely announce MANAGEMENT birthdays and retirements over the intercom while we work.