Toyota quality going down

Status
Not open for further replies.

brett636

I could understand those right of center supporting the rich and corperations (because that's what they are told), but now their defending foreign corperations over American. What ever happened to wrapping yourselves up with the stars and stripes, apple pie and Chevorlets. Oh, I see....GM (Government Motors), so lets support Toyota ??? Wow !

If I am going to spend my hard earned money on a new vehicle its not going to be on something I believe will be falling apart a few years from now. When it comes to GM and Chrysler I am definitely not touching their products because I've already paid for them. No need to buy the same vehicle twice. If I were looking for a new vehicle today, its either going to be a Ford or foreign make. There just isn't any better choices out there.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
If I am going to spend my hard earned money on a new vehicle its not going to be on something I believe will be falling apart a few years from now. When it comes to GM and Chrysler I am definitely not touching their products because I've already paid for them. No need to buy the same vehicle twice. If I were looking for a new vehicle today, its either going to be a Ford or foreign make. There just isn't any better choices out there.

Dont forget about resale value. Compare a chevy to a toyota of the same year and class and see what has a better resale value.

govols019

You smell that?
My daily driver is a 23 year old Chevrolet truck with a little over 190,000 miles on the original motor and transmission. I would get in it and drive to California right now and never check the oil.

You couldn't give me a Toyota or Nissan truck.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My 2005 Colorado has just under 44K miles. My daily commute is 10 miles. The furthest I usually drive is to visit family in CT. (300 miles each way)

Toyota's problems continue. The 2010 Prius has problems with the brakes.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I heard the Prius has problems too. I'm not a fan of the Prius. Hollywood seems to be......like it's the 'green' thing to do. I think they are fugly! (IMO)

I picture the original designer, working in clay, and designing it and stepping back and saying, "Yes! That's it," The guy had no "eye" .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I really loved the GM's EV1.
Unfortunately it was a limited production to only a select cities, and only as a lease.
Before most leases expired GM demanded the car back and crushed them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I heard the Prius has problems too. I'm not a fan of the Prius. Hollywood seems to be......like it's the 'green' thing to do. I think they are fugly! (IMO)

I picture the original designer, working in clay, and designing it and stepping back and saying, "Yes! That's it," The guy had no "eye" .

I test drove one and they are actually pretty sweet. It gives you a real time MPG and shows the amount of energy generated by the braking system going back to the battery. The 2010 have a sunroof that has solar panels built in which will run the fan to keep the interior of the car cool. They are a little boxy but they ride really smooth and have pretty good pickup when needed. The salesman told me that people adjust their driving habits after driving a Prius for a few months in that they accelerate and decelerate.

Now, if you want to talk fugly:

0609_z2008_nissan_cubefront.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
When you are sitting inside a vehicle, you are not subject to looking at its lines. I agree, that box thing is double ugly!!

brett636

My daily driver is a 23 year old Chevrolet truck with a little over 190,000 miles on the original motor and transmission. I would get in it and drive to California right now and never check the oil.

You couldn't give me a Toyota or Nissan truck.

When talking about trucks you are right, anything half ton and up are much better quality from GM, Ford, or Chrysler than what you can get from Toyota, Nissan, etc. Although the Titan does come close, I've read of its owners complaining of poor fuel mileage(although it is a truck), and rear diffs blowing out for no reason. The Tundra has a a lot of power, but has a flismy rear frame and the tailgates tend to fold if you put too much weight on them. If your talking midsize truck though I would get a 4x4 Tacoma over a ranger or Colorado.

I really loved the GM's EV1.
Unfortunately it was a limited production to only a select cities, and only as a lease.
Before most leases expired GM demanded the car back and crushed them.

Have you seen the documentary "Who killed the electric car?". Its all about the EV1 and GM's crusade to kill off what was a good vehicle. The whole thing is available for viewing on youtube if your interested in checking it out.

190000 / 23 = 8260 per year ? Why so few miles ? My 14 yr tacoma has 178000

I can beat that. My daily driver is a 96 thunderbird with 43k original miles on it. Its almost like having a brand new car. :)

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have a '99 Chevy Blazer only 12,000 miles and it's as bright red as the day I bought it new!! Yes, I said twelve thousand !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Idiots that work in the White House....Obama's idiots.....

LaHood says he misspoke on advice to Toyota owners

17 mins ago
WASHINGTON – Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood now says he misspoke when telling owners of recalled Toyotas to stop driving them.
Instead, LaHood says take the vehicles to dealerships to get them repaired.
LaHood told reporters it was "obviously a misstatement" when he told a House panel earlier Wednesday that he would advise owners not to drive recalled vehicles. The remark came during testimony to the Appropriations subcommittee on transportation.
Toyota's most recent recall in the United States affects 2.3 million vehicles with the potential for sticking gas pedals.
THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood now says he misspoke when telling owners of recalled Toyotas to stop driving then.
Instead, LaHood says take them to dealerships to get them repaired.
LaHood told reporters it was "obviously a misstatement" when he told a House panel earlier Wednesday that he would advise owners not to drive recalled vehicles. The remark came during testimony to the Appropriations subcommittee on transportation.
Toyota's most recent recall in the United States affects 2.3 million vehicles with the potential for sticking gas pedals

evilleace

My daily driver 1993 chevy s-10 288,000 miles on original motor and tranny just replaced the clutch for the first time last year

unionman

Idiots that work in the White House....Obama's idiots.....

LaHood says he misspoke on advice to Toyota owners

17 mins ago
WASHINGTON – Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood now says he misspoke when telling owners of recalled Toyotas to stop driving them.
Instead, LaHood says take the vehicles to dealerships to get them repaired.
Toyota's most recent recall in the United States affects 2.3 million vehicles with the potential for sticking gas pedals.
THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood now says he misspoke when telling owners of recalled Toyotas to stop driving then.
Instead, LaHood says take them to dealerships to get them repaired.
Toyota's most recent recall in the United States affects 2.3 million vehicles with the potential for sticking gas pedals

I wouldn't drive those P.O.S.'s either. There fix is to put a shim between the pedal and the lever. Word has it that it is an electrical problem that has been going on for years but Toyota refuses to do anything about it. Guess there tin can reputation is back with a vengance.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sometimes, people just miss the whole point ! It's about LaHood screaming "the sky is falling" and then saying "nevermind". Who knew there was an Emily Litella in Odrams's cabinet??

unionman

Sometimes, people just miss the whole point ! It's about LaHood screaming "the sky is falling" and then saying "nevermind". Who knew there was an Emily Litella in Odrams's cabinet??
I think he should have stuck with don't drive them its too dangerous. screw Toyota, its helping our countries laid off auto workers.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
I think he should have stuck with don't drive them its too dangerous. screw Toyota, its helping our countries laid off auto workers.

Yup. All the Toyota factories in the US that employ Americans with good pay and bennies...they helped lay off American workers. Not that American car companies for years built total crap thinking we would just buy the junk...had nothing to do with people looking at other car makes.

Guess where the Ford Fusion is made??? Guess what car its based from????

Keep your head buried in the sand and drinking the kool-aid Ralphie.

unionman

Yup. All the Toyota factories in the US that employ Americans with good pay and bennies...they helped lay off American workers. Not that American car companies for years built total crap thinking we would just buy the junk...had nothing to do with people looking at other car makes.

Guess where the Ford Fusion is made??? Guess what car its based from????

Keep your head buried in the sand and drinking the kool-aid Ralphie.
Them foreign car companies are just here to give us lazy Americans some good paying jobs and show us how to make cars. I admit car corporate in the U.S. screwed there own workers by designing and making junk for about 20 years but don't blame that on the workers of these companies it was done all in the name of the mighty dollar that went right in the pocket of the big wigs.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Them foreign car companies are just here to give us lazy Americans some good paying jobs and show us how to make cars. I admit car corporate in the U.S. screwed there own workers by designing and making junk for about 20 years but don't blame that on the workers of these companies it was done all in the name of the mighty dollar that went right in the pocket of the big wigs.
and the deep pockets of the UAW

Status
Not open for further replies.