Status
Not open for further replies.

klein

Für Meno :)
One for fethrs :) :

Highway patrol helps Prius with stuck accelerator coast to a stop in San Diego

030910prius.jpg

Out-of-control Prius sparks highway drama

It took a 911 call, the Highway Patrol, and quick thinking to bring the runaway car to a stop. 'Just kept speeding up'

IMO, an idoit, for not turning off the engine. First thing I would have done (just don't pull out the keys, or your steering-wheel will lock ).

moreluck

golden ticket member
In listening to this account on TV, the cops told him all sorts of tricks to try. You don't know that you would be so calm in this panic situation. Somehow, Klein, I see you putting your head out the car window and screaming like a girl !!!

klein

Für Meno :)
In listening to this account on TV, the cops told him all sorts of tricks to try. You don't know that you would be so calm in this panic situation. Somehow, Klein, I see you putting your head out the car window and screaming like a girl !!!

Actually, happened to me before. An Audi I once drove. Kept going faster and faster on me, without pushing the gas pedal.
I put it in neutral , (it reved like crazy), came to a safe stop. Restarted engine, and problem was solved.
Days later it would happen again... wasn't a defect gas pedal though. It was the fuel mogulator to the fuel injection.

Actually, even happen to a UPS truck, while I was working there. He was only 200 yards away from returning to the center, when it happened to him. He refused to drive the pc , that little stretch back. So, the mechanic did.... basically with full brakes,,, they were smoking.
Never did find out what the problem was there. I never bothered to ask,.

Status
Not open for further replies.