TP 60 Question

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've never seen a P12 in person with a hitch but I have seen guys here posting pics of it being done so apparently it can be done.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our mall driver was very upset last night. Some idiot had parked right in front of the TP-60 that he had parked out in the middle of nowhere at the mall. I offered to help him push it but he said he was going to try to attach a chain and pull it from the rear. I'll have to ask him how he made it when I see him on Monday.

People can be so stupid.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Our mall driver was very upset last night. Some idiot had parked right in front of the TP-60 that he had parked out in the middle of nowhere at the mall. I offered to help him push it but he said he was going to try to attach a chain and pull it from the rear. I'll have to ask him how he made it when I see him on Monday.

People can be so stupid.

Your mall driver was the stupid one here. When you park the trailer at any mall, you EITHER park in 2 spots, or somewhere that only commercial vehicles can park. I would have called the hub and told them I could not move the trailer safely, so I could either

A.) Wait until the offending vehicle moves
B.) Come back in and someone could go get the trailer later

Pulling that trailer from the rear of it is very dumb. First of all, it could damage the landing leg when he dragged it. Second of all, where the heck is he getting a long enough chain to be able to hookup to any part of the trailer that would be strong enough for him to tow it?

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
He should have parked it where no one could or would park in front of it. Then he should have accepted your offer instead of his rube-goldberg solution.

Get the big picture.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Your mall driver was the stupid one here. When you park the trailer at any mall, you EITHER park in 2 spots, or somewhere that only commercial vehicles can park. I would have called the hub and told them I could not move the trailer safely, so I could either

A.) Wait until the offending vehicle moves
B.) Come back in and someone could go get the trailer later

Pulling that trailer from the rear of it is very dumb. First of all, it could damage the landing leg when he dragged it. Second of all, where the heck is he getting a long enough chain to be able to hookup to any part of the trailer that would be strong enough for him to tow it?

Some of the ones we had didn't even have a full frame underneath.

Johney

What is the reason that a P-12 can't tow a TP-60?
I was told in this state, it was because of length/weight restrictions.
This is what I was told also by one of our mechanics. Need a CDL.

Edit:We have a couple of 24' rentals in our building being used by drivers and they are equipped with air brakes. Don't you need a CDL with air brake endorsement to drive those?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Edit:We have a couple of 24' rentals in our building being used by drivers and they are equipped with air brakes. Don't you need a CDL with air brake endorsement to drive those?

In your first statement, I don't believe you need one. If you can pull a TP-60 without a CDL, putting it behind a slightly larger vehicle shouldn't then make you need a CDL.

As for the second part, Yes you need a CDL with air brakes, although UPS management is too stupid to know that

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

News to me, all the hydraulic hybrids have air brakes.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

If you don't need a CDL you don't need air brake endorsement so no you don't.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I thought it would be too long with a P12 and a TP60, not the weight. All of the package cars in my center with hitches were 700's and 800's. We didn't even have any 1000's with hitches.
I pull a Uhaul with a 1000, buddy has a 1200 and they said his would be too long.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He should have parked it where no one could or would park in front of it. Then he should have accepted your offer instead of his rube-goldberg solution.

Get the big picture.

I saw where he was parked and he should have been fine. There was no reason for that guy to block in our trailer.