Trading Places. Am I nuts?

dragracer66

I'm in Upstate NY currently and wouldn't mind going out west or down south.
Thanks for advice folks. I've been checking the Careers page and applying like crazy. Hopefully I'll hear back from someone.
Sounds like you should stay where your at...I would love to see your face with a blown out truck with 180-210 stops and no lunch in the middle of all that. You probably wouldn't be able to handle it. Fred Ex guy's need to stop trying to get in here and stay where they are at..Someday parcel might Fred Ex and then maybe you will see the grass is greener over here!!! But until then enjoy your 5hr lunch!!!!:thumbup1:

Jack_Burton

Sounds like you should stay where your at...I would love to see your face with a blown out truck with 180-210 stops and no lunch in the middle of all that. You probably wouldn't be able to handle it. Fred Ex guy's need to stop trying to get in here and stay where they are at..Someday parcel might Fred Ex and then maybe you will see the grass is greener over here!!! But until then enjoy your 5hr lunch!!!!:thumbup1:
Wouldn't be able to handle it? Ha! :lol: This is what until just recently I was doing for the better part of the last two years.
Try coming in to set up the morning sort at 6 AM, unloading the CTV truck at 7 in the morning (in 8 degree weather), covering delivery route you've never done. Sometimes covering two or three without a break or lunch durning the day. Picking up a couple hundred packages on 50-70 pickups then going back to the station unloading your truck the others and then loading up the outbound trailer. When you are done you can process all the dangerous goods, international packages, park all the trucks and then be the last one out the door and set the security system at 8:30-9 PM. That's if for some reason you don't have late freight, then you have to drive a shuttle to the airport a couple hours away.
Do you think the DOT likes the fact that I've worked more than my share of 15 hour days?
I run the best productivity numbers in the business. Most of my coworkers aren't very high on me because I put their numbers to shame when I cover their route and management doesn't understand why that can't pull off the same numbers I can. This often leads to them trying to raise goals that are unrealistic for most of the other drivers. As they say, I'm making everyone look "bad".

I laugh at the thought of having someone else section load my vehicle, having a system tell me, where and how to make my stops, how to avoid left turns.

I wouldn't be working any harder than I already have. Just smarter and getting paid better to do it. I'm a realist, the grass is dead and brown on both sides if you ask me. It's what you make of it. I might as well get paid better to do the job I love.

dragracer66

Once again....Stay where your at Parcel doesn't need any more gunho brown nosers they have enough. Guy's who run other guy's trip's into the ground don't last long here. And it's your fault if your going to go against the DOT and work more than allowed! Go back to your fedex site and complain there!!!

Jack_Burton

Once again....Stay where your at Parcel doesn't need any more gunho brown nosers they have enough. Guy's who run other guy's trip's into the ground don't last long here. And it's your fault if your going to go against the DOT and work more than allowed! Go back to your fedex site and complain there!!!
:lol: Are you serious? You sound like one of the bitter folks that's always complaining about their job. I'm going to take a stab at it and say you are one of those guys that back in you day you walked up the hill both ways?:laugh:
I'm not a brown noser. In fact, if you actually knew me you would know I'm the farthest thing from it. I've had more than my share of run in's with management. I'm not out to ruin anybodies trips. I just do the work asked of me and do it as quickly as possible. If you don't want someone who can work smart and efficient than I feel sorry for the rest of your coworkers and your customers.

There's nothing wrong with being a hard worker. If you feel otherwise, I really do feel sorry for you.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm in Upstate NY currently and wouldn't mind going out west or down south.
Thanks for advice folks. I've been checking the Careers page and applying like crazy. Hopefully I'll hear back from someone.

Come down to Northern Virginia, the Dulles division has been hiring off the street for the last few years and it looks like it's going to stay that way for the forseeable future. We have a former Fedex driver in my delivery group and he's a good man, hard worker, all that stuff. If you're anything like him we'd be glad to have you aboard..