Traditional Pension

Goldilocks

Ty, I am so ready to go. 30 years and a toaster oven. Lol Try to imagine our courier job being pregnant back in the 80 and 90. It was hard on my body. But only to receive a toaster oven.

vantexan

Can someone explain to me about the leveling option? We have some idiots working in the retirement center.
To be exact, the SS leveling option has nothing to do with the size of your SS payments. It allows you to take more of your pension upfront and then at 67 your pension is greatly reduced. They call it the leveling option because since your SS has kicked in you'll have roughly the same amount of income. It doesn't affect your SS, you may choose to take early SS at 62 and that doesn't affect your pension, it'll still be reduced at 67.

In my case I can take the SS leveling option at 55 and get $1701 a month, dropping to $229 at 67. Or I could do the same at age 60, the latest I can take it, and get about $2200 a month if I remember right, dropping to about $650 at 67. Obviously those who didn't quit like I did and had the higher top pay will do much better if they go that route. But if you do better pray the gov't doesn't muck up SS.