Traffic camera catches UPS truck hitting pedestrian

HomeDelivery

Of course they owe her...she was run over by a UPS employee on the clock driving a UPS owned vehicle. So, anytime you guys hit say a mailbox with your brown truck...the cost of replacement should come out of the driver's pocket?

well, that's what insurance is for property damage... but hit-n-run by a professional driver?!? termination is justified, eventhough that driver panicked

wow, the change in weather is making drivers of any company lose their focus :whiteflag: had a couple over at the fedex side just in the same week
-------------------------------------------------------------

i'm done pretty early on this fine saturday, but i didn't speed because there are too many pedestrians/kids/dogs running about on my mostly residential run

+ this is the month for spring break... stay SAFE out there!

wait-n-see the next thing to be installed in your package cars will be CAMERAS! just like on police & some emergency vehicles... because video is a better witness than someone's testimony

oldngray

nowhere special
No way....with my luck, I'd get hit by a budweiser truck! I want money...that will buy me beer.
you might get lucky and get free Crap
CRAP+BEER.jpg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
well, that's what insurance is for property damage... but hit-n-run by a professional driver?!? termination is justified, eventhough that driver panicked

wow, the change in weather is making drivers of any company lose their focus :whiteflag: had a couple over at the fedex side just in the same week
-------------------------------------------------------------

i'm done pretty early on this fine saturday, but i didn't speed because there are too many pedestrians/kids/dogs running about on my mostly residential run

+ this is the month for spring break... stay SAFE out there!

wait-n-see the next thing to be installed in your package cars will be CAMERAS! just like on police & some emergency vehicles... because video is a better witness than someone's testimony
it would better if they do...maybe ups wouldn't put drivers who are involved in unavoidable accidents through such repetitious hell if they could just cut to the video and see what really happened for themselves. But that's wishful thinking!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The driver was definitely wrong to leave the scene but her claims look to be more about getting money from UPS than anything else. If she hadn't gone to local TV station to publicize her case UPS would have quietly paid her off. Now UPS is in a situation where they are forced to fight her in court and can't admit guilt.

Sometimes I wonder about you bro. Do you understand what a "TORT" is?? This woman had the "RIGHT OF WAY" in that crosswalk. She entered the crosswalk with all the force of the law on her side. The driver entered the intersection without clearing his right side or the crosswalk. He made so many driving err's as he turned its not even funny.

He strikes the woman with the center of the package car , drags her and tosses her to the side. He travels about 3 truck lengths, puts on his flashers and stops. He walks to the lady on the ground and begins a series of stupid questions.

He is neither a doctor or a lawyer and is NOT in a position to determine the health of another person.

Right or wrong, it makes no difference. His role at that moment is to render AID, regardless of how she was injured.

She obviously has serious injuries. Those injuries are the responsibility of UPS. UPS should not delay and make this woman whole and compensate her fairly for the pain and suffering associated with these injuries.

The driver, has already been terminated. The city will determine if charges will be filed against him.

What strikes me as odd, is your thought process.

The woman did nothing wrong, the company had an "agent" of the company operating one of their vehicles, that vehicle ran her over. CASE CLOSED.

There is nothing suspicious about the womans claims. Its HER RIGHT. its the LAW.

UPS would be at your level of thought, if it chose to argue this case in court with a clear video of the incident.

Hopefully, she retains a qualified personal injury attorney and wins a settlement that will take care of her for time to come.

I dont see in any of your posts, any sympathy for this woman. What if it was your wife, would you welcome the negative commentary about "her" health?

This is an open and shut case. The woman has "TORT" rights and there is nothing wrong with seeking compensation.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
One other observation that nobody has mentioned is the "TIME OF DAY". Look how dark it is. This has been one of the biggest complaints over the last 5 years. Working too late into the dark.

We have told the company many times ( and I am sure you all have done the same) that working late into the dark only INCREASES the odds of a serious accident.

Well, its plenty dark in this video, and it doesnt get this dark until after 8pm.

How many of these accidents causing serious injuries does UPS need to have before they consider that "WE" know something they dont??

TOS.

10 point

It said at the end of the video, her lawyer is hoping to convince the prosecution to file charges against the driver. My initial reaction was how could anyone leave, but after thinking about it....there's definitely two sides to this story that we're not hearing....JMO
A video is worth a thousand words.

upschuck

One other observation that nobody has mentioned is the "TIME OF DAY". Look how dark it is. This has been one of the biggest complaints over the last 5 years. Working too late into the dark.

We have told the company many times ( and I am sure you all have done the same) that working late into the dark only INCREASES the odds of a serious accident.

Well, its plenty dark in this video, and it doesnt get this dark until after 8pm.

How many of these accidents causing serious injuries does UPS need to have before they consider that "WE" know something they dont??

TOS.
According to video, incident happened about 5 months ago, in the midst of peak season, and when the days are shortest. I don't think anyone gets back before dark then.

rod

Retired 22 years

TOS.

I don't know where you live but around here in Dec. it gets dark by 4:30. Not that it makes any difference but it appears to have rained and is darker than the inside of a cow in that video---and the lady appears to be wearing dark clothes and is only lite up for a split second by the headlights. I feel sorry for both the driver and the lady but it was his fault-------and the lady will get big bucks.

10 point

I don't know where you live but around here in Dec. it gets dark by 4:30. Not that it makes any difference but it appears to have rained and is darker than the inside of a cow in that video---and the lady appears to be wearing dark clothes and is only lite up for a split second by the headlights. I feel sorry for both the driver and the lady but it was his fault-------and the lady will get big bucks.
It's almost always our fault even if it's not.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
yup we hit her. We should not be out in the dark, period. Only at peak, is this justified. It is very hard to see on a dark, rainy night. And dirty windows, and dirty mirrors make it harder. And now that we are not aloud to keep cleaning supplies in our trucks as they are hazardous, and there is no attempt to clean them at night..........well thats gonna happen more. Sad.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Agreed, it was very dark and he obviously never saw her.