Traffic camera catches UPS truck hitting pedestrian

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
This guy knew what he did, and left that kid.
Accidents do happen but his actions are unforgivable.

I can't imagine hurting someone like that. It's a major reason I drive so cautiously.
UPS is refusing to claim responsibilty, and it was caught on video. Imagine how SOL this girl might have been without the camera?

Johney

I was involved in a hit while parked a few months ago. I was not allowed to leave the scene until both my center manager and the police officer completed their paperwork. I simply coded the 30 minutes under Other Work.
Other work what? You have to add a reason for other work.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
That ridiculous...they wash the trucks maybe once a month, and you guys can't carry windex to clean off your windows??
A filthy mess inside. I never have time to clean it I get in so late. Lots of dusty industrial roads, its terrible in and out. I used to do one section a day and my windows, to try to keep it fairly clean, now its just a :censored2: hole

oldngray

nowhere special
A filthy mess inside. I never have time to clean it I get in so late. Lots of dusty industrial roads, its terrible in and out. I used to do one section a day and my windows, to try to keep it fairly clean, now its just a :censored2: hole

And when the windows get washed they use dirty water making it worse than if they did nothing. The preload called my loop the pig trucks because of the areas we has to drive in they got filthy withing a few minutes of leaving the building. Industrial with gravel parking lots were the worst for dust.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Oh yeah...between the road salt and sandbags this winter..there'll still be sand inside the trucks in july. But not allowing cleaning supplies to keep windows clean is just stupid.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I went in for about an hour Saturday morning to make sure everything was set for the rollout of our expanded recycling program Monday morning. I went through the package cars and was blown away at how filthy some of them were. Yes, some of our drivers work in some dusty and dirty areas, but much of what I saw cannot be blamed solely on that. To put it bluntly, some of my co-workers are slobs who I wouldn't want to have come to my house. I hope my loader appreciates the fact that I am a neat freak. : )

oldngray

nowhere special
Being a slob and leaving trash in your truck is different than having a dirty truck. The dirt is a reflection of UPS not cleaning vehicles and not the driver's fault.

Johney

I went in for about an hour Saturday morning to make sure everything was set for the rollout of our expanded recycling program Monday morning. I went through the package cars and was blown away at how filthy some of them were. Yes, some of our drivers work in some dusty and dirty areas, but much of what I saw cannot be blamed solely on that. To put it bluntly, some of my co-workers are slobs who I wouldn't want to have come to my house. I hope my loader appreciates the fact that I am a neat freak. : )
I noticed in another thread your to-do list is short, but Saturday at work is crazy. You must really be bored(sp).

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Being a slob and leaving trash in your truck is different than having a dirty truck. The dirt is a reflection of UPS not cleaning vehicles and not the driver's fault.

Yes and no. Once a month or so I help unload my pickups and will then run a hose through the cab and cargo area of the pkg car. Our facility has drainage built in to the floor which has a water/dirt separator. I wash the windshield when I refuel and our car wash does the exterior several times a week. I do the inside windows as needed.

I was asked to run EAMs a while back and the pkg car was so filthy that I wrote it up on the DVIR----"This pkg car is a pig sty!!". It was cleaned the following day.