Trailer repair shops closing

UPSmechanicinblue

As for the trailers, alot of the ones that we at the shop have deamed ADA have been sold to metro and ctl, and are being leased back to UPS with very few if any needed repairs made. This is one of the ways they are working around this closing. So watch your pretrips closely.
This is something to share with all our feeder drivers to spread the word and mechanics also to watch for issues with these and tag when needed. Is there now a prefix or something before or after the unit numbers to help identify ?

that's just what I am hearing anyway, I know like the OMS don't do fuel and oil is now all automated, they cant do intercept on packages and other things, customers need to call the 1-800 number they are slowly removing all their work. Sad part is local business and customers have the center number to take care of issues, now to take care of stuff now they call our 1 800 number over seas and talk to a person who will act like its their first day on the job.
And probably speaks very little or very poor English which will piss off more of
Our customers and send them to Fedex

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
So sorry this is happening. Are the Teamsters doing anything or filing a complaint with the NLRB for this blatant union busting? Is there any opportunity to transfer anywhere else? If this is allowed to happen uncontested, ALL mechanics will be out of a job soon.

We have language in our contract that would help us (IAM 447) not sure about the teamster mechanics..

It does not surprise me the company is doing this with the trailer shops. Trailers are much harder to track for outsourcing and the company has already established leased trailers.

It would be much harder with brown tractors and package cars since they are not transient and we can track them.

Anyway, we are ZERO outsourcing here at my hub on the automotive side and as far as I know all 447 hubs are that way, I would advise all techs both PE and Automotive to greive all outsourcing

iamupser

Grease Monkey
We have language in our contract that would help us (IAM 447) not sure about the teamster mechanics..

It does not surprise me the company is doing this with the trailer shops. Trailers are much harder to track for outsourcing and the company has already established leased trailers.

It would be much harder with brown tractors and package cars since they are not transient and we can track them.

Anyway, we are ZERO outsourcing here at my hub on the automotive side and as far as I know all 447 hubs are that way, I would advise all techs both PE and Automotive to greive all outsourcing
Our shops, if they send anything out, we are guaranteed overtime, so they don't send anything out.

Back From Break
As for the trailers, alot of the ones that we at the shop have deamed ADA have been sold to metro and ctl, and are being leased back to UPS with very few if any needed repairs made. This is one of the ways they are working around this closing. So watch your pretrips closely.

Saw this.

IMG_9120.jpeg

Coldworld

60 months and counting

So will here be mechanics to do drive ups like when I have 2 blown wheel seals on a set??? I’m trying to give you guys some job security with good pretrips and post trips!

CHEMA-DELMA

Most of the "rented/leased" trailers the contracts were written that UPS would repair to keep the monthly rate down.
Good luck outsourcing the trailer shops, when they need a DOT who will lick and stick??

Back From Break
I seen one in the yard today, feeder drivers are talking to others to write up any issues, I am unaware if UPS mechanics can even work on these? or does outside service fix lights air hoses etc?

I’m sure it’s just like any other leased trailer. Minor repairs, tires, hoses, axle seals, just to keep them on road.

FHWA annual, accident repair, other major repair, no idea.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I seen one in the yard today, feeder drivers are talking to others to write up any issues, I am unaware if UPS mechanics can even work on these? or does outside service fix lights air hoses etc?
If it's a delay we work on them and we do repair on writeups as well. A In my local no outside service is allowed to work on property, that may be nationwide as well.

If a outside service has to be used on property then one of us is supposed to be with the outside service for the entire time they are on property