Train derailment in Illinois?

robot

Has A Large Member
Oh man I love the railyards! So much easy money made waiting for those trains to come in. They're always late.

Ive waited 12 hours before and ended up bob tailing back because the train never showed up.

"when's the train due?"

"it'll be here in an hour"

10 hours later..."nevermind, it's not coming in today"

bbousquet618

Just google search "train derailed in toluca illinois" you'll see the video there somewhere. Mine still "under investigation" ugh!! And of course the company that shipped it out to get fixed didn't put insurance on it, which they blamed on me, of course!

BigDaddyAG

Well the agent on the phone told me a "Hurricane" blew the train off the tracks. My package was coming to me in Garland. Here is the copy paste of the tracking:

Peru, IL, United States 05/09/2012 1:00 P.M. Emergency conditions beyond UPS' control.
Mesquite, TX, United States 05/09/2012 8:13 A.M. Arrival Scan
Hodgkins, IL, United States 05/07/2012 3:10 P.M. Departure Scan
Hodgkins, IL, United States 05/05/2012 3:31 A.M. Arrival Scan
Lansing, MI, United States 05/04/2012 7:59 P.M. Departure Scan
05/04/2012 7:23 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 05/04/2012 9:49 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Does not make sense. They lie. They claimed it was scanned in this morning in Mesquite. Then got back to Illinois in less than 5 hours. Really? Makes no sense.

When I asked the agent about that, all she had to say was, "well sir that seems to be a problem." YA THINK!

I did not know UPS owned trains. I thought they provided all of their own transportation for our packages. I guess all the trucks they have use thos train tracks.

How much wind would it take to blow a million ton train off of tracks?

BigDaddyAG

UPS won't even give their agents any information to help the customers with questions or concerns etc. LAME! This is why people use USPS more often.

cach123

I work at UPS in Hodgkins, and the trailer that got hit by the tornado was getting re-ran at the back of my outbound yesterday...most of the boxes were in pretty bad shape, and a lot of stuff was leaking.

They had numerous hourly employees unloading the truck and re-packing any package they could re-pack into new boxes. There was no sign of anything today so hopefully all/most of the packages were okay and are on the way to you now.

cach123

So, what centers/hubs in the country load containers destined for transport by trains? I would say they don't do that here... but then again I don't work the evening (outbound) sort so I don't really have a clue.

My dock sends out 9-12 trailers a day that are either going to Los Angeles or Pittsburgh via train. And I am one of ~40 docks in my facility. And we run 4 sorts a day. Quite a bit of work goes to those railroads.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS won't even give their agents any information to help the customers with questions or concerns etc. LAME! This is why people use USPS more often.

The arrival scan in Mesquite is what is known as a virtual scan based upon the expected arrival of that package. It was quickly updated when the derailment was uploaded in to our system.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
ups won't even give their agents any information to help the customers with questions or concerns etc. Lame! This is why people use usps more often.
how many times in the past has your pkgs shown up on time and in good shape from a reliable clean cut responsible ups person ?? So one time there is a problem and you bash us here ??? Go to the post office,,,please !!!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
BIGDADDYAG just love how people are sooo ungreatful,,when a national disaster strikes, who is first on the scene with supplies !!! 9/11 we brought in water,cell phone and equiptment to the workers,,Hurricane Andrew in Fl ,we had guys who lost thier homes, still come to work,deliver medical supplies to places in town the cops couldn't even recognize !! Katrina !! I know two Feeder guys who volunteered and drove feeders full of water to that place !! Desert StorM,,UPS flew into Kuwait to help supply the Armed Forces!!
So one time you didn't get a pkg because a Tornado blew a trailer off of a train,,,geeez we are sorry about that!!!Next time you see a UPS guy around 9 pm on Christmas eve on your street,tell him how much WE SUCK !!!