Train Derailments

gealyca

Concord UPS center is cutting back on dispatch of cars because of a supposed train derailment. I can find no news on any trains derailing in the US. Any other UPS centers doing the same thing? Anybody know of a train derailing in the US?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
It seems we have derailments and delays all the time here on the west. When it floods in the midwest, the trains stop and they cut back in the centers and the hub. Common occurrence.

sortaisle

When I worked in Portland, the Day sort used to be Monday-Friday. Now I guess it's either Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday to Thursday because of the trains.

BMWSauber1991

When I worked in Portland, the Day sort used to be Monday-Friday. Now I guess it's either Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday to Thursday because of the trains.

Yup, I work on day shift Sunday-Thursday here in Portland. Worst part about when the trains derail is management staffs very low and then we end up getting the train in the middle of the shift. It just messes the rest of the week up because we are trying to get caught back up which makes everyday after the derailment slammed.

sortaisle

Nope...it's common enough and so long as it's not doing 70 when they derail and take out a mountainside or a small town, there's no news really about it. It's usually a flood derailment and they have to wait for the nearest BNSF or other rail team to bring out the crane to reset the train.

Random_Facts

When the flow is light, management also says "train derailed". When flow is pumping like mad, employees say "Train re-railed". Most trains don't derail everyday like management thinks. Goodness gracious great balls of fire.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Nope...it's common enough and so long as it's not doing 70 when they derail and take out a mountainside or a small town, there's no news really about it. It's usually a flood derailment and they have to wait for the nearest BNSF or other rail team to bring out the crane to reset the train.

Train derailments are not all that common. There were no derailments in CA this past week, although there was a big washout near Ibis. A couple of trains are stuck over tracks that have had the ballast wash out from under them, but they aren't derailed.

BNSF Transcon main line washed out in California - TRAINS Magazine