Trainee Unemployment claim???

Should I claim unemployment

• ???

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • !!!

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

Frank W.

With a few days left toward making UNION/book , after working very very hard during peak trying to prove myself they pull me into the office and tell me don't come in anymore we will call you ... should claim unemployment ? I don't want any issues cause I really do want to be a driver !?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sounds like you have been temporarily laid off. You should definitely file for unemployment and, no, this will not have an adverse effect on your future employment at UPS.

tacken

Why is everybody so worried to offend or cause an issue with UPS? Could it be that management does retaliate against individuals?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
With a few days left toward making UNION/book , after working very very hard during peak trying to prove myself they pull me into the office and tell me don't come in anymore we will call you ... should claim unemployment ? I don't want any issues cause I really do want to be a driver !?
You can try but most likely will be denied. Most states have a minimum amount of time you have had to work for the employer, or a minimum amount of earnings, or both.

You need to check your states unemployment laws.

I don't want any issues cause I really do want to be a driver !?

It looks like they don't want you.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Why is everybody so worried to offend or cause an issue with UPS? Could it be that management does retaliate against individuals?
Uh, yes.

If a new hire causes problems, it is much easier to make that new hire disappear than it is to deal with the problem.

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
File what have u got to loose even if in theory a manager for upset they have no right u gotta feed your famy and survive until they call u back to work.... I don't think that will adversely affect u man, management k led or should know u need at least a few bucks to hold u over til they need u again, if u didn't file I think that'd be weird , and like The other guy said here check state law u might or might not be eligible, I'd file either way and try to get it

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
...or could it be that volume is down...
Possibly. But it seems strange that just a few days before attaining seniority, they tell him to not come in, we will call you.

Most areas that volume is down, they want to put you on call. They want you calling them to see if you are working today.

It sounds like they do not want him attaining seniority and they don't have the guts to tell him. I hope I am wrong, but I would hate UPS to lead this guy on if they do not plan on calling him again.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Why would he, I mean who doesn't want too work for this company lol?
Yes all the time

Please tell me I did not come out of witness protection to respond to this thread that you bumped after the little red box popped up, and told you it was over a year old...back in January, only to have it re-bumped by you 8 more months later.

Thanks for wasting 17 seconds of my life that I'll never get back!

Oh wait...you didn't get the red box it wasn't quite a year. My mistake and apologies....keep bumping useless old threads.