Training in DIAD... helper board

Notcool

I was a helper last year and supposed to this year never trained on the diad. Last year the driver just switched between boards didn't really hurt much because he was fast. We're supposed to call them in the mornings this week to start but no one answers plus the uniforms are always too small. I had the chance to drive but failed the driving test.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Did anyone else notice that the new training in the DIAD about working with helpers says that when 2 DIADS are used the helper and the driver must input their own stops?

If the driver inputs stops in the helper board, the company might now make the case that this is dishonest behavior. Beware!

Many centers mandate that X number of stops have to be completed in the helper board.

They had better now give me helpers who can use the DIAD, or I will sit there and wait for them to enter info at each and every stop they deliver. I can't wait till Christmas week when they give me a new helper who has 0 training!
Our names go in the helper diads so its my diad. I have yet to have one helper that knew how to use the thing.

oldngray

nowhere special
How many times have you had a helper that only lasted a couple of days and need to waste time training another one to use a DIAD? And had it happen repeatedly?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I've had three helpers the last month and none of them could use the Shift Key on A DIAD 4. One started started driving Saturday Air and she can use DIAD 5, but I like to just use the DIAD 4 with a Helper on the car. I'm not going to swtch back and forth between a 4 and 5 to please some clueless cubicle dweller.
How many times have you had a helper that only lasted a couple of days and need to waste time training another one to use a DIAD? And had it happen repeatedly?

barnyard

KTM rider
In my years as a driver, I have only had 2 helpers that used the board well enough to be left with the board and multiple stops and do it correctly.

Last year, we ran out of diads, so I never had a helper board. Not the 1st year that that had happened either.