Training route/grievance question?

SnakePlissken

When I signed the bid sheet for my route it said that the route was a "training route."

However, the route "as is" doesn't work very well as a training route. To get the dispatch the way they want it, management alters the route such as cutting and splicing different delivery areas and pick up accounts. Through several grievances, I've gotten the stop count down to about 80 stops and the delivery area confined. But when they train, they put 100 plus stops on it and stretch the delivery area out beyond where it needs to be and change the pick up log.

I've told them that if they have to alter the route that much to make it a training route, then they need to find another route to use as a training route. There are plenty of other routes that they could use as a training route without altering them.

My question: Do I have any recourse to get my route removed from the training route rotation? I'd like to file a grievance if I could but I don't know if I can do that or not.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Snake

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If the bid sheet clearly stated that the route was designated as a training route and you bid the route I don't see where you any basis for a valid grievance. The only way that I would agree with you is if they had changed the designation of your route during a bid cycle, which they clearly did not do. You do not have a valid grievance.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Check how many "training routes" are in your center. Sups love to add "TR" every-time one goes up for bid. If they had there way, every route would be a trainer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Check how many "training routes" are in your center. Sups love to add "TR" every-time one goes up for bid. If they had there way, every route would be a trainer.

Our center added a training route to each loop just before we bid. These routes just happened to be the ones that are usually cut. We now have 4 training routes in a center which normally runs 26 areas.