Training routes

DSM515

Driver is working preload and doing porter work to get his eight hours. He got on his bid route on a third move, he doesnt have enough seniority to drive this week. He knew two people were to be trained, one was a sup who now can't be because of p/t vacation coverage guys filed against the sup driving before them.

Sent using BrownCafe App
They can not work the new guy and lay off the training route driver,hence making him work pre load/porter, plain and simple it's in black and white in the contract. Doesn't matter if he's the lowest on the seniority list, he still has seniority and the new guys doesn't have any. I would talk to your steward and file for all lost wages

Corky_Calhoun

Put a guy on a training route with a 7 hour planned day even though no matter what he has to be back at about 8 and a quarter hours due to the last pickup. Wonder why his numbers are crap..

lol

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I got a buddy trying to make his 30 days, in a center that is desperate for drivers. So they send him out on a route that they have never used as a training route. Bulked out every day and he says he gets at least a 20 minute lunch and is back to the building for the air drop every day by 17:15.

Sup wants him to work on his numbers, says he's an hour over every day. I'm a little naive to the way numbers work (I think we all are). But, if he's back to the building every day by 17:15 which is about as soon as possible considering traffic getting back and his last pickup is at 16:45. I've taught him about recording over 70's and all that jazz.

Any tips for getting his numbers better, or is he just screwed because he was put on a route with crap time studies?
That sounds like a sweet route, back to the building by 17:15 would be taken in a heartbeat here.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We have a driver that doesn't want to let a new guy train on his route so they're asking all the bid drivers to step off their bid route for thirty days so a new driver can be trained. Can he (the driver who doesn't want to give up his route) do that? His bid route is a training route.

Yo, Prima Donna, you are on a training route!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They can not work the new guy and lay off the training route driver,hence making him work pre load/porter, plain and simple it's in black and white in the contract. Doesn't matter if he's the lowest on the seniority list, he still has seniority and the new guys doesn't have any. I would talk to your steward and file for all lost wages

Anyone who bids a training route does so knowing that they can and will be displaced when the center needs to train new drivers; however, they cannot be laid off-----they will either cover vacations or will get their hours by working in the hub.

Bottom rung

Yo, Prima Donna, you are on a training route!

So the other driver with a training route has been on his route for over four years and hasn't been off it once to train new employees. The other driver was on for two years before giving his up. It was the other guys turn years ago...Being on the safety committee has it's benefits. The driver that's currently displaced by the new guy asked the center manager about it last week and a few other drivers questioned the center manager about favoritism. This whole mess is so amusing.

sportsjock

A few of our routes are training routes. The drivers that has the bid on those training routes just do other routes when we have new hires training.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

We have a couple of training routes. However this year being the biennial bid year three routes where left open at the end of the bid. So three of the new Ft guys got there own route right off the bat be it 3 of the crappiest routes in the building and the other two one previously a Air driver and the other a casual don't need to make there 30 days. Thus the guys that bid a training route didn't get displaced this year.