Training routes

Corky_Calhoun

Just wondering. I've personally never heard of it. My training route was in a 700, most are in a 1000. Just never heard of one in a 1200. Completely different beast if you've never driven anything big like that.

Don't think its a fair shake.

Just wondering. I've personally never heard of it. My training route was in a 700, most are in a 1000. Just never heard of one in a 1200. Completely different beast if you've never driven anything big like that.

Don't think its a fair shake.
Its a traing route!....Not an Icecream route!...What the heck happened? .......We cant put this old big truck on a traing route? Lets put a brand new small one on. it!.....Geeze o man!

Corky_Calhoun

Just thinking back to when I was learning the job. A 700 was bigger than everything I ever drove. Can't imagine a 1200, while learning the diad, learning the methods and learning the area.

I heard they were using a 1200 for a training route when they're hard up for drivers and the last several were DQ'ed for accidents.

What kind of noob idea is this?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Just thinking back to when I was learning the job. A 700 was bigger than everything I ever drove. Can't imagine a 1200, while learning the diad, learning the methods and learning the area.

I heard they were using a 1200 for a training route when they're hard up for drivers and the last several were DQ'ed for accidents.

What kind of noob idea is this?
I drove a hog bulk van mall truck whatever you want to call it for my drivin test. Talk about a whole nother beast.

I think everyone of our training routes is in a p1000 or p1200

scisector9

I had a 1000 with no power steering and the big three foot step for half of my qualifying period. My normal car mysteriously had a PMI for a couple weeks in there. Think they were trying to test me. We still have two or three of them here. Usually not in on normal routes just the weird splits that are only in a couple days a week. I hate when I'm on those routes.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I would think a bulk commercial route would be easier for the new driver. Back in, back out.