Transfer layoffs

rocket man

HAS ANYONE Heard of any full time pkg car drivers getting transfered to any other centers because of layoffs volume or any reason?. NOT because they wanted to.BUT The company said to do it.

HAS ANYONE Heard of any full time pkg car drivers getting transfered to any other centers because of layoffs volume or any reason?. NOT because they wanted to.BUT The company said to do it.

Do you mean an actual transfer to another building or someone being borrowed by other centers/buildings? There really is no need to transfer someone to another center within the same building, is there?

I have been borrowed by other centers many times before 2006...I know of two drivers that were transferred a couple months ago. They are officially called rehires because they were on permanent layoff in their old building.

brownrodster

Our center often sends drivers to a nearby center (different building about 30 miles away) when they are short on drivers and we have extra. I don't think it's forced. I've been asked to go help but declined and they just asked someone else.

SKAGITDRIVER

speaking of transfers I signed up for two Tuscon Az buildings last Sept nothing happened but I will resign up again this Sept anyone work in the area know how many are getting layed-off or retiring ect...

Hedley_Lamarr

I got sent to Staten Island a couple of times. I didn't mind too much, the toll is a bitch though.....

LED

During my first year of driving I was transfered to another center in the same building permanently (not my choice), because our center had too many drivers and they had too few drivers.

I bid an open route a few months later and went back to my original center.

I got sent to Staten Island a couple of times. I didn't mind too much, the toll is a bitch though.....

If UPS made you go they should have compensated you.

As far as being "loaned" to other ctrs unless you are in the bottom 10% you cannot be made to go unless you want to.