Transfer out of State

Macron2340

Good day, I am looking to move out of state and asked my supervisor if a transfer is possible. I was told that I can only be transferred if I am in school. My shop steward told me the same thing. He said I could resign and start over again but I think it's unfair when I already have 8 months working as a part time preloader. Has anyone ever transferred out of state and experienced this kind of issue? Thanks

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Or sign up for community college class in your area then say your transferring to wherever u want to move happens all the time and very easy

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
If we were allowed to transfer out of state I would be peddling parcels in Kauai by now! Guess I have to wait a little while longer for retirement.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If we were allowed to transfer out of state the smart thing would be to do a pension comparison, which means most of you would want to transfer to the Northwest or to Upstate NY.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
There is a transfer sheet every year in our center that shows a list of places you can put you name in. In our center alone we have 3 guys that are transfers. You do not dovetail into the seniority list. You start at the bottom.

DELUXE

Hi, this is a little off topic, but it is union related. I am a four year ups part time employee(local#294 in ny), i applied to work for ups freight(local #707), also in ny. I was told that i couldn't work for both at the same time. Does anyone know why?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...because they are two separate divisions within the same company.

If you are looking for more hours ask if you can double shift or sign the bid sheet (if there are any) for a FT or 22.3 position.

DELUXE

...because they are two separate divisions within the same company.

If you are looking for more hours ask if you can double shift or sign the bid sheet (if there are any) for a FT or 22.3 position.
was initially told it was a payroll issue. don't really understand that, i would have a different employee id anyway. seems unfair, to not allow someone the opportunity to work when the work is there. thanks for your answers though.

DELUXE

was initially told it was a payroll issue. Don't really understand that, i would have a different employee id anyway. Seems unfair, to not allow someone the opportunity to work when the work is there. Thanks for your answers though.
so, ups says i can't work for another trucking company at the same time....and i can't work for another ups division at the same time!!!???? Wtf man!!!???

wncdriver

A lot of people sign up for school, transfer, and then drop the classes. If they are asked about it they just say they will have to re-enroll later, they couldnt afford it after the move. I hear its the ONLY way to transfer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A lot of people sign up for school, transfer, and then drop the classes. If they are asked about it they just say they will have to re-enroll later, they couldnt afford it after the move. I hear its the ONLY way to transfer.

...yet people wonder why the company takes more of our perks away...

gman042

Been around the block a few times
A lot of people sign up for school, transfer, and then drop the classes. If they are asked about it they just say they will have to re-enroll later, they couldnt afford it after the move. I hear its the ONLY way to transfer.[/QUOte

As I stated before..........there are 3 people in our building that have transferred from out of state that had nothing to do with schooling.